• Hand over power to the UN and let them make the decisions

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Hand over some power to the UN while increasing troops and funding

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hand over some power to the UN while decreasing troops and funding

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

HeXp£Øi±

Now that we're heavely invested in Iraq and we've all had time to rethink our perspectives let's see just how our thinking has changed.

US citizen polling only please. Others feel free to share your opinions.

tadrlz

I believe that killing those that oppose you has always been the standard operating procedure so how can anyone expect hominids to be fair, unbaised, and non-agressive. It is the nature of the human species to kill, kill, kill....Carbon-based, bio-plasmic life forms are inferior products and will exhibit animinalistic behavior to the detriment of the species as a whole. A defective product (hominids) produces unacceptable results. Word :swing: Ha

freako104

i voted for kill the funding and get out. if they need it they can ask for it. tho i was sort of divided between giving the power to the UN and decreasing troops and kill the funding i ended up voting the latter.

A.B.Normal

Gonz said:
...assuming the current path does not include a pull out in June

Where do you get they are pulling out in June ,they are moving from an "occupational force " to a "Policing force " all this means is possibly less wage for the cannon fodder, there is a reason the Administration went in without an "exit plan" they don't plan on leaving.
From your original LINK
The plan would mean the end of the U.S.-led coalition administration in Iraq, but not the end of the American troop presence. The new Iraqi government would negotiate an accord on the status of U.S. forces in the country.

And since the New government won't stay in power without the US military to back it ,they are going to "ASK" them to stay.Bush can then say "we are there only because the Iraqi gov. has asked us".The longer the US Military stays the greater the grassroot Iraqi will want them out .The day will come when we get our dose of daily media reports of Iraqi schoolchildren throwing stones and Molotov cocktails at US draftees fresh out of Highschool who intern must return fire to defend themselves (bet you won't find that issue of TIME magazine in the Bush library :rolleyes: )

BeardofPants

Back the fuck out, and handover to the UN. As should have been done in the first place. (or more to the point, no invasion in the first place - no WMD, no terrorism links, heck, no fucking scuds fired off.... what was this war about again? :confused: )

freako104

BeardofPants said:
Back the fuck out, and handover to the UN. As should have been done in the first place. (or more to the point, no invasion in the first place - no WMD, no terrorism links, heck, no fucking scuds fired off.... what was this war about again? :confused: )

oil,power,money,revenge. take your pic. im sure they could use more excuses for it.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
BeardofPants said:

3 Scuds were fired. I know. I was there. None of the Scuds were accurate, but at least 3 impacted in Kuwait and the border area of Saudi Arabia.

freako104

Gato_Solo said:
3 Scuds were fired. I know. I was there. None of the Scuds were accurate, but at least 3 impacted in Kuwait and the border area of Saudi Arabia.

i thought that was the predecssor of Desert Storm?

Gato_Solo

freako104 said:
i thought that was the predecssor of Desert Storm?
Nope. I'm talking about 2003. One in the last week of March, and 2 in the first week of April. After that, my area was 'officially' out of Scud range.

Gato_Solo

freako104 said:
news to me. i didnt think they actually attacked any other countries. good to know.

They attacked Kuwait because we had a large staging area there. They attacked the Saudi Border because that's where the armor was rolling across. ;)

Most folks will claim that there were no Scuds fired...including the news groups, but, the range and explosive area was the same as a Scud, so, what were they?

MrBishop

IMHO - didn't vote.

I don't think that giving the UN the power would cut it. The UN doesn't have the teeth to really make things happen, but then again, the American's don't have the impartiality. If the Americans put in the temporary gov't and try to force the issue of democratic votes, I can see either a biased governing body and constitution (favoring pro-US trade).

If they put in a gvt and step away, I can see a new coup happening. Saddam and his supporters are still out there somewhere, and in a matter of years, can find their way back into office.

If they put more money and troops into the area, I can see them being accused of trying to bully the Iraqis into voting their way and I can also see the leash of power beginning to wear at the tempers of the Iraqi people.

If they cut funding, the fragile system may just collapse.

It seems like a case of damned if you do, and damned if you don't.