Country Music??????

Rose

Don Williams - the Gentle Giant. :D i don't know if it's his song or not, but he's a pretty good listen.

chcr

Too cute for words
Correct artist, tonks. Don Williams is one of my favorite (that's favourite to you, well, you know who you are :)) country artists. Silky smooth voice. One of Eric Clapton's favorite singers as well. I have that CD around here somewhere. The name of the song is I Believe in You.

tonksy

chcr said:
Correct artist, tonks. Don Williams is one of my favorite (that's favourite to you, well, you know who you are :)) country artists. Silky smooth voice. One of Eric Clapton's favorite singers as well. I have that CD around here somewhere. The name of the song is I Believe in You.

:worship:

Camelyn

bleach said:
Oh man (or woman)

I can't help it! After being forced, for year after tortuous year, to watch HeeHaw as a child, I have an incurable physical aversion to country music.

Maybe I'll write a song about it one day...

chcr

Too cute for words
Camelyn said:
I can't help it! After being forced, for year after tortuous year, to watch HeeHaw as a child, I have an incurable physical aversion to country music.
I know how you feel. I played it in clubs for several years, then moved up here and demoed songs for a couple more. I hardly ever listen to it any more. I don't have a physical aversion to it, though. I still go to an occasional writers night although I'm more likely nowadays to go to a blues jam.

Roxy

I sooo can't stand country music. I knew this guy who loved it, hence not being able to talk to him since about half the time I did, he would have the damn hick music blaring out loud. Give me anything except country music...or else I'll stab myself repeatedly.

I do like some of the Dixie chicks songs...but that's about it.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I like a lot of the rock-a-billy/southern rock of the 70s...And some of the classic old country can be appreciated. But I can't listen to a country radio station or sit through entire albums.

tonksy

i like music...i like it for it's message and melody or harmony etc. it's hard for me to pick one type of genre...is this weird?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Nah Tonks, thats the way I am too. I listen to just about anything, from country, heavy metal, Rap, Pop, Oldies, Jazz, Blues, whatever. I just like good songs.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Not at all tonks...The only thing I've not been able to appreciate is Rap. Even there, its just the totally negative and woman degrading stuff that irks me...

tonksy

Squiggy said:
Not at all tonks...The only thing I've not been able to appreciate is Rap. Even there, its just the totally negative and woman degrading stuff that irks me...
that stuff is sneaking up on me, too. damn the snoop dog and that eminem! ooh...phil collins' susudio...