Court says swingers clubs.....are legal

Uki Chick

Court says swingers clubs with group sex, swapping are legal

John Ward, Canadian Press
Published: December 21, 2005

OTTAWA -- Swingers clubs which feature consenting adults cavorting in twosomes, threesomes and moresomes, are legal, the Supreme Court of Canada said Wednesday.

In a major decision, the court re-wrote the definition of indecency to use harm, rather than community standards, as the key yardstick.

The 7-2 majority ruling, written by Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin, said indecent acts must be shown to be harmful to the point where they ``interfere with the proper functioning of society.''

Public sex would meet the test of indecency, but orgies and partner swapping among like-minded adults in private don't, McLachlin wrote.

A sternly worded dissent from Justices Michel Bastarache and Louis LeBel said the majority decision goes too far.

"It constitutes an unwarranted break with the most important principles of our past decisions regarding indecency,'' the dissenters wrote.

The ruling dealt with two Montreal cases in which swingers club operators were charged with keeping a bawdy house. James Kouri and Jean-Paul Labaye were both convicted, but in separate Court of Appeal rulings, Labaye's conviction was sustained and Kouri's was overturned.

The high court threw out Labaye's conviction and affirmed the Kouri decision.

Writing on Labaye, McLachlin noted:

"Entry to the club and participation in the activities were voluntary. No one was forced to do anything or watch anything. No one was paid for sex.''

Sex, sex, sex

So who's coming to visit???

tonksy

So how does this work? Do you have to come with a partner? Is it like Chuck E. Cheese where you and whomever comes in with you gets their hand stamped so you can leave together? Do they just hose the place off after closing? Do they have a cover charge or are the drinks just very expensive? I just don't see how this functions.

highwayman

tonksy said:
So how does this work? Do you have to come with a partner? Is it like Chuck E. Cheese where you and whomever comes in with you gets their hand stamped so you can leave together? Do they just hose the place off after closing? Do they have a cover charge or are the drinks just very expensive? I just don't see how this functions.

I think you just walk in and find who you like and holler out FUCK YOU!

Professur

tonksy said:

Then you know where to book this summer's vacation time, doncha?

tonksy

Professur said:
Then you know where to book this summer's vacation time, doncha?
I don't really think that's the vacation we need this year....but my questions were serious. Does anyone know how this works?

greenfreak

A friend of mine went to an "underground" swinger club in the city somewhere with her bf and another couple. It was an invitation-only club. She said they checked their clothes at the door and at first they hung back and were spectators. But she, her bf and the other couple found a semi-private room. No one else "joined in" but they were being watched.

Once, I was approached by a guy I had known for many years to be a "fourth". I held off because I had just met someone and had a good feeling that it might turn into a LTR, which is what I really wanted anyway. I told my friend that if it didn't work out, I'd probably be interested. I had had a crush on my friend for years anyway.

But that someone I met turned out to be Rusty so I never went through with it. But at least I knew and trusted my friend and he had been "with" the other couple for some time. They were all in jobs with periodic medical tests for all sorts of things so I there was a better chance that they were clean. But the possibility of contracting something in a swingers club would just scare me.

A.B.Normal

greenfreak said:
A friend of mine went to an "underground" swinger club in the city somewhere with her bf and another couple. It was an invitation-only club. She said they checked their clothes at the door and at first they hung back and were spectators. But she, her bf and the other couple found a semi-private room. No one else "joined in" but they were being watched.

Once, I was approached by a guy I had known for many years to be a "fourth". I held off because I had just met someone and had a good feeling that it might turn into a LTR, which is what I really wanted anyway. I told my friend that if it didn't work out, I'd probably be interested. I had had a crush on my friend for years anyway.

But that someone I met turned out to be Rusty so I never went through with it. But at least I knew and trusted my friend and he had been "with" the other couple for some time. They were all in jobs with periodic medical tests for all sorts of things so I there was a better chance that they were clean. But the possibility of contracting something in a swingers club would just scare me.

I would think condoms would be mandatory :alienhuh: except for possibly swapping spit :shrug: *still seems impossible to fathom the concept though.

Uki Chick

What I've heard is that you go there, there is a cover charge, no alcohol is served though. You can stick together or join in with people, swap, have people join you etc. It's not mandatory.