*dances*

FluerVanderloo

I'm going to Antietam in 6 days, and Gettysburg in 7!

Antietam is just to go, and Gettysburg is for the re-enactment. Just had to share. And I'll be taking loads of pics of me in my dress :)

Dave

we spent a couple of days wandering around the battlefields in and around Gettysburg a few years back. wish we hadd more time in the area to see more.
looking forward to the pics Fluer.

Stop Laughing

Wow. I wish I could find the binder we made of our vacation to Springfield, IL from the summer of, I think, 93 or 94. I bet you'd find it even more interesting than I did. Saw tons of stuff about Lincoln, including his tomb and home.

FluerVanderloo

Stop Laughing said:
Wow. I wish I could find the binder we made of our vacation to Springfield, IL from the summer of, I think, 93 or 94. I bet you'd find it even more interesting than I did. Saw tons of stuff about Lincoln, including his tomb and home.

That's awesome! I like Mr. Jeff Davis better though, hehe :swing:

How was it there? Did they make a HUGE deal about Lincoln while you visited? I mean of course, he's a president and such, but some people LIVE on the fact that a staple in history lived/was born in/is buried in their state. There are people here that can't stop talking about Edgar Allen Poe *sigh*

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Inkara1 said:
...so much so that they named an NFL team after his best-known work.

Funny...I don't know of any football team named The Cask of Amantillado's. :D Okay...You'll hear me say such things...nevermore... :lol: