Detained for Open Carry, Portland, Maine 26MAY2012

Gotholic

I was detained by Portland PD officer J McDonald on 26MAY2012. He detains me without suspicion of any criminal activity in violation of Delaware v Prouse. He admits his sole reason for stopping me is my legally carried firearm in violation of US v DeBerry. He seizes my weapon with no reasonable suspicion that I've committed a crime in violation of Terry v Ohio. He demands my ID without reasonable suspicion in violation of Hiibel v Nevada.

This guy handled the police well. Too bad it took that much to leave him alone.

2minkey

bootlicker
he's an obvious asshole who went out looking for a confrontation, ready to cite chapter and verse. way to be somebody, dickhead. well, i guess he had to find a new adventure after he got kicked out of the local dungeons and dragons club, and mom's basement ("i told you you were gonna be gone if you did that to the dog again!"). these are the same kind of drama queens that try to antagonize TSA in airports. one of the lowest forms of human existence... and the last people i would want crusading on behalf of my second amendment rights. well, other than the moron in my avatar.

too bad it took that much too (sic) leave him alone huh? nah buddy, he went out trolling for them.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I carry concealed & I used to carry open, in AZ where nobody was ascared of a gun. Our society is making possession of
a firearm a "concern".

This guy was correct in every matter & the paranoia needs to end.

jimpeel

I commented at the site. The guy was wrong on three out of four citations he cited to the cops. He is obviously an activist looking for a cause.

Gotholic

he's an obvious asshole who went out looking for a confrontation, ready to cite chapter and verse. way to be somebody, dickhead. well, i guess he had to find a new adventure after he got kicked out of the local dungeons and dragons club, and mom's basement ("i told you you were gonna be gone if you did that to the dog again!"). these are the same kind of drama queens that try to antagonize TSA in airports. one of the lowest forms of human existence... and the last people i would want crusading on behalf of my second amendment rights. well, other than the moron in my avatar.

too bad it took that much too (sic) leave him alone huh? nah buddy, he went out trolling for them.

Perhaps he did go out looking to defend his rights. Good for him. There is a false sense of fear being projected upon the populace against gun owners. All he did was walked around in public with his gun in his holster. OHHH NOES!!!!

If more people were like him, there would be less occurrences of cops stopping people merely because they are legally carrying a gun.

jimpeel

Goth,

When he goes out and spews false shit he reflects on the rest of us. DeBerry not only does not state what he told the cops it was an appeal because the guy thought he should have gotten a sentence reduction for cooperating in his own conviction. He makes us all smell bad when he screws up like this.