Did you cry when you saw the pictures on television?

Jeslek

Banned
Hey Gato, think I can enlist full time when I graduate, if I'm in good shape and say 25 years old?

HomeLAN

Didn;t cry at the time. I was at work and simply trying to stay abreast of what the hell was going on.

Lost it when I got home and caught a (rare) replay of people jumping from the top floors. It took about 2 days before I started to get angry, but that has yet to abate.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Didn't cry....I was sitting at home watching the TV when the breaking news hit CNN...

I didn't cry, and I couldn't BELIEVE it was for real. Especially when I saw those building collapse...and that was on live TV...it still gives me the creeps when I'm thinking of that moment :(

fi

I was on the Web at work, just like I am now - was talking to a firend on the phone and suddenly news of "a crash" flashed up on the Irish Times Breaking News.

It didn't register until I got home, and watched CNN.

I was sitting there in total shock and disbelief. And yes, I cried. I think when you're living away from home and everyone you're close to is 2000 miles away, it makes seeing something like that even harder to see.

nalani

The day starts for the rest of the world way before it starts for us. I had no idea what was happening when I woke up and started to get ready for the day. We don't turn on the radio or the television because we (me and my kids) don't get ready as quickly as we should.

Then my sister called and told me to turn on my tv.

I didn't know what to think or what to believe. We still didn't know the whole story. Honestly, the first thing I thought of - or people, I should say - was greenie and Huge and dart cause they were the only ones I knew that lived in New York ...

I went to work, as we always do ... the roads were eerily empty. My emotions focused on the loss of lives rather than the act of terrorism for some days ...

It was just a very no kind of day.

MitchSchaft

For the Marine Corps, you can enlist as an Officer up to the age of 29(requires a 4 year degree), and Enlisted up to the age of 31. As long as you pass the ASVAB, physical, and don't have any criminal convictions you shouldn't have a problem getting in. When I was in bootcamp there was a 31-year-old dude. He got sent home cause he had heart problems, though.

Professur

Colour me jaded, but I didn't feel a thing. It was just more TV to me. I felt more watching My Girl, and I don't even like that four eyed little freak.

Jeslek

Banned
Professur said:
Colour me jaded, but I didn't feel a thing. It was just more TV to me. I felt more watching My Girl, and I don't even like that four eyed little freak.
I felt more watching My Girl... Are you serious?

Professur

MitchSchaft said:
Well, there are people in this world that don't give a damn about anything. It's hard to get used to, but true.

LL, deadly serious.

Mitch, it's not that I don't give a damn. It's that I didn't feel anything. For what it's worth, I cried more putting a budgie to sleep than I did when my brother died. My Grandmother just died, I never felt a thing. Maybe it's a defensive reflex, or maybe it's just how I am. But I'm not gonna lie about it.

Jeslek

Banned
Professur said:
Mitch, it's not that I don't give a damn. It's that I didn't feel anything. For what it's worth, I cried more putting a budgie to sleep than I did when my brother died. My Grandmother just died, I never felt a thing. Maybe it's a defensive reflex, or maybe it's just how I am. But I'm not gonna lie about it.
Were you in the military by chance? Or CIA or something?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Professur said:

I think I understand where you're coming from, Prof. It took me a while that morning to realize it was real footage they were showing, not some upcoming movie or something. Even then I kept thinking of George Orwell, and that it was all just some big sick joke.

Psycho

I was at work when Shadowfax told me a plane hit the WTC. I didn't believe him at all, basically laughed at him. Then other people started telling me the story, and I could finally make it to the overpopulated CNN website, I couldn't believe this was happening. Then the second plane hit the building, and I was just shocked, my thoughts just going insane, I remember being a total jerk at that time, not caring much about the people... that happened a day or two later, when I got the first moment of realisation I guess...

I did not cry or feel sad, more angry, but although it happened at the other end of the world, I still feared planes coming over for at least the month afterwards...

...now the forgetting phase is on it's way, mostly because I got no relatives or friends at all in that area, to me at this point it's just a thing that happened once. It shouldn't have though, and while looking at Discovery last week I kinda feel sorry for the people in Afghanistan, they can't help it they're complete brainwashed idiots... honestly, what happened to peace and acceptance? Where in any religious book do you find references to AK-47's? To me, they've all gone mad...

Bink

I think it was someone on the Hardware Central ICQ Active List that broadcast what had happened and I was alerted to it that way. Once the 2nd plane had hit, I knew it had to be something very serious and that's when they started broadcasting it on TV here.

I think the events that followed were a bit of a reality check for me. Very sobering.

sjracer

I was at work. Im in the USAF...I work Fighter Aircraft. When I see the pictures, it pisses me off and makes me glad I do what I do. Makes me want to go load up and kick some ass.

SJRACER