Diversity remains a one way street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lopan

Gato_Solo said:
horse.gif

You're not the one getting ganged up on here, are ya'?

1. I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion. I only stated that faith was faith, whether you rely on science, or you rely on a higher being. Look up the definition for faith. It's the same thing...unless you've decided that one word can have two meanings. :shrug:

2. I never said that science was a bad thing. You may have implied that, but that's on you, not me.

3. I will say this...there is nothing wrong with thinking differently. That's how most 'discoveries' are made. The application of those discoveries, however, is up for debate. I suggest you read Gonz's original post, and ruminate on it a bit before answering again. You may not agree with the fact that faith is faith, regardless of where it lay, but you must agree that his original point is valid.

I believe this post was made in the creators image and now it has evolved.

I would like to draw a distinction if I may. Faith should not be questioned as that is each individuals own but beliefs should always be questioned.

If you tell me a higher power created this planet and everything on it, I will ask for your proof. When you show me the Bible and disect scientists theories I will listen to your argument and then voice my own.

Ultimately neither side can prove or disprove the others theory, but as long as we can voice our arguments objectively then we will be doing what generations before us have always done. And that has helped the human race progress as far as we have.

Professur

Then, by the power vested in someone other than me, I declare this debate useless and closed, unless someone wants to convince me that they're openminded enough to have actually attempted to understand the other's opinion. Which, in three pages, you have not.

abooja

Professur said:
Then, by the power vested in someone other than me, I declare this debate useless and closed, unless someone wants to convince me that they're openminded enough to have actually attempted to understand the other's opinion. Which, in three pages, you have not.
Bless you.

Status
Not open for further replies.