Diversity remains a one way street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
As long as you disbelieve in God & hold homosexuality & abortion above all else, you may pass GO! & collect $200. Otherwise, you are a homophobic, racist, woman hating pig. Is that clear?

The career of a prominent researcher at the Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History in Washington is in jeopardy after he published a peer-reviewed article by a leading proponent of intelligent design, an alternative to evolutionary theory dismissed by the science and education establishment as a tool of religious conservatives.

Richard Sternberg says that although he continues to work in the museum's Department of Zoology, he has been kicked out of his office and shunned by colleagues, prompting him to file a complaint with the U.S. Office of Special Counsel.

WND

Winky

I normally find it irresistible to blindly take the neo-fascist side in every issue
but this time...

Any attempt to propound 'creationism' as science
deserves to slapped down like the primitive belief that it is.
/end Atheist rant/

Thulsa Doom

Gonz said:
As long as you disbelieve in God & hold homosexuality & abortion above all else, you may pass GO! & collect $200. Otherwise, you are a homophobic, racist, woman hating pig. Is that clear?[/url]

You said nothing about being a creationist stooge in a rather highly regarded science position. Kind of like being a conservative talk show host that brought on a guest to talk about the blessings of communism.

unclehobart

Winky said:
I normally find it irresistible to blindly take the neo-fascist side in every issue
but this time...

Any attempt to propound 'creationism' as science
deserves to slapped down like the primitive belief that it is.
/end Atheist rant/
jeez... I agree with you. Wheres the hemlock?

Winky

Here borrow mine
I keep a jug of it around for occasions just like this...

But then again there's not a thing wrong with being
a homophobic, racist, woman hating pig!

No wait I love wimen, as often as I can!

chcr

Too cute for words
Winky said:
No wait I love wimen, as often as I can!

What's that, like once or twice a decade??? :rofl:

"Scientific" creationism isn't. The part that gets my goat the most is that they don't even understand what the theory is.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Thulsa Doom said:
You said nothing about being a creationist stooge in a rather highly regarded science position. Kind of like being a conservative talk show host that brought on a guest to talk about the blessings of communism.

Okay...I'll bite. How does this paper make him a "stooge"? Because his beliefs don't fall lock-step in yours, or because he's actually in a scientific position?

Thulsa Doom

If i get hired as pastor in a very prestigious church with great pay and respect by colleagues and flock is it ok for me to say you know theres a lot of evidence here that god really doesnt exist. Perhaps we should all think about that now...

Gato_Solo

Thulsa Doom said:
If i get hired as pastor in a very prestigious church with great pay and respect by colleagues and flock is it ok for me to say you know theres a lot of evidence here that god really doesnt exist. Perhaps we should all think about that now...

Still doesn't answer the question. ;)

Professur

Since when does a belief in on thing render someone incapable of teaching something contrary?

I know the desk in front of me is made on mostly empty space. I still trust it to hold my drink.
I know the world is spinning at thousands of miles per hour. I'm not terribly worried about flying off.
I know the world is round. I've never actually seen that roundness myself.

Our entire lives, we know one thing, and live another. I know God want's me to love my neighbour. But I'm still gonna run the bastard into the ditch if he tries to cut in in traffic.

Thulsa Doom

Gato_Solo said:
Still doesn't answer the question. ;)

what I cant call him a name if I want to? I thought my analogy really spoke for itself. Hes either a puppet or hes mistaken (or both). Which either directly or indirectly makes him a stooge for creationists and religionists trying to worm their way into highly respected scientific platforms. If he had published some other theory for which there is zero evidence in a scientific journal would you take issue with me calling him a name?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Thulsa Doom said:
. If he had published some other theory for which there is zero evidence in a scientific journal would you take issue with me calling him a name?

Like mankinds responsibility in Global Warming?

Gato_Solo

Thulsa Doom said:
no i said zero evidence. not ignoring evidence based on your political stance.

Still posturing? Let's not quibble. There is evidence for evolution, according to most scientific journals, but there are a few journals that speak for creation as well. Not as many, and not as noisy, due to the constant cry of folks who call religions 'backwards', but there you have it. The majority stomping on the expressions of the minority. So, what does that make your above statement?

Hint...hypocrisy...

chcr

Too cute for words
Gato_Solo said:
Still posturing? Let's not quibble. There is evidence for evolution, according to most scientific journals, but there are a few journals that speak for creation as well. Not as many, and not as noisy, due to the constant cry of folks who call religions 'backwards', but there you have it. The majority stomping on the expressions of the minority. So, what does that make your above statement?

Hint...hypocrisy...
Sorry, Gato, but I find the creationists to be much "noisier" than the evolutionists. Just my personal view, mind you. Actually, the vast majority of people who support evolution simply ignore creationism.

Status
Not open for further replies.