• Fuck No

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Well, maybe

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I say no...turn them into yesterdays news. Everytime there is movement in the peace process, in comes Hamas or some other nutzo group to fuck things up. When is enough enough? Expand Israel & let those who don't want to die move to Saudi Arabia.

MuFu

I chose the option with the word "fuck" in it because it sounds the most profound and I is well edumacated.

chcr

Too cute for words
I think that probably the average Palestinian wants nothing more. Unfortunately, the only Palestinians that make good press are the crazy assholes, and I don't think they want peace. I don't think they care how many of their fellows are killed either. Just makes for more news coverage.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
chcr said:
I think that probably the average Palestinian wants nothing more.

I fully concur. However, they know these people. They could end it. Yet, they won't. How many dead children or "curfews" or smoking vehicles in the middle of the street does it take to have it sink in that Israel will kick their ass & make the lot suffer?

ris

demonise an entire race or country for the actions of the few and there will never be possibility for dialogue.
i have no doubt in my mind that ordinary palestinians and israelis want nothing but peace, they are sick of the fighting, poverty and terror.

whether or not either governmental side is genuinely intent on peace is open to question. israel appears to have shown little enthusiasm for the roadmap and i see sharon as much a barrier to peace as arafat.

SIOUX

Israel are as bad imo, put the radicals from both sides in a separate country somewhere near siberia and let everyone else chill, prob solved.

freako104

i voted no since they have been using violence for so many years but like chcr said i think the media is showing more of the extremists. i say the same to Israel tho that it is the extremists that are shown most people probably want some form of peace. and there werent too many choices in this poll either.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
ris said:
sharon as much a barrier to peace as arafat.

Does the IDF does have a habit of using suicide attacks, especially on the eve of peace meetings?

Does the IDF make a point to target civilians?

Did the IDF have 5 attacks in the last 36 hours?

No.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Does the IDF does have a habit of using suicide attacks, especially on the eve of peace meetings?

suicide attacks, no. but they do tend to 'coincidently' point another missile to a car in the street, which just 'happens' to have an important assumed criminal aboard, preferably on critical moments.

Does the IDF make a point to target civilians?

when the occasion occurs yes. shooting palestine children because they are throwing stones is just as wrong as the palestine actions.

Did the IDF have 5 attacks in the last 36 hours?

no, but they will certainly have their revenge. in a few days i can ask you, did the PLO have 5 counterattacks in the last 36 hrs?

see? they are BOTH guilty on NOT cooperating on the peace talks. biggest factors AREN'T the palestine AND israeli people. i'm pretty sure they're dead tired of 30+ yrs of fighting. 30+ yrs of being afraid.
problem is politic. again. sharon just as well as arafat.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
ok.

not going to participate with YOU in this discussion. i knew in advance how you were going to respond, as true pro-israeli guy.

both parties are guilty in this matter, but the whole attitude of "the other one is most guilty" is fucking up peace talks for at least the last decade. hard to accept

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
For many years the blind desire corrupts the people's minds,
in unseen days the reign of hate consumes them all in kind.
Forever shall they see their plight the night their brothers fall,
when for naught their lives are spent and dust becomes them all.

G4

I don´t think we can make the average palestinian/israeli responsible for this bloody mess. I agree with chcr and ris on their view of the situation.

As for Arafat and Sharon... Really hope they burn in hell together.

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
I fully concur. However, they know these people. They could end it.
I'm afraid you make the very common mistake of expecting them to think like us, Gonz. They don't, and there is no reason to expect them to. The average Palestinian lives in a world where people get killed daily for saying anything that can be remotely construed by the zealots as being against them. They not only know they can't stop it, they know they can get everyone they care about killed by trying.