Do You Consider Yourself A Good Driver™

Toolbox™

I wouldn't outright say I'm a good driver, but compared to all the other drivers I've been with in the same car, I'd say I'm in the top 99 percentile. Matic or Manual.

As for motorcycles, I'd say I'm in the 90 percentile of the people I know and when we bring in Keith Code Superbike school later in the year and I take all the courses... I'll probably be ready for some amateur racing!

I suck I driving boats! I can't read the tides well. I'm always on the verge of tipping over. My friends actually don't allow me to drive if there are a whole bunch of people with us. :)

I've never driven a train and I would like to learn how to fly a plane and a chopper.

How about you guys?

nalani

well, I think I'm a good driver but a lot of people tell me I drive too fast and I drive every automobile as if it were a truck .. which, isn't really my fault since I've only owned 4WD vehicles since my ex-has-been, I mean husband smashed my kick-ass 1987 Nissan Sentra ... I loved that car ... clamped the front springs .. 6 speakers, equalizer-booster and bass booster ... perfect cruisemobile *sigh* ...

anyway, back to the subject .. I will say yes, yes I am a good driver. As for motorcycles, I'll leave that to my brothers .. I need to be surrounded by steel, thank you very much. :D

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
my driving skills are pretty good (or excellent).

but i drive too fast, and that makes me a "bad driver" :)

Luis G

Staff member
:D

my english is not good enough to describe my driving, but you would probably be scared at how i drive in heavy traffic when i'm pissed off ;)

Jeslek

Banned
OK having seen how people drive in Asia in general, more specifically Malaysia, it isn't very difficult to get to the top 99 percentile... They are NUTS over there. Which is why Toronto must be the worst to drive in North America... (no offense, but a recent study has shown that Asians have the worst driving skills in the world, and Toronto is 60% immigrants). (Germany and continental Europe is probably the best places to drive.)

My usual speed on the freeway is 140 km/h, which I don't think is unsave. I do keep a save following distance though, unlike most dipshits here. :mad:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Lets see, I've wrecked 3 cars, I guess you could say I'm an OK driver. 2 of those were not my fault, the police said so. :D

The other one, I don't want to talk about it.

Hey, I never killed anyone. :eek:

Luis G

Staff member
Originally posted by Anakin
:eek: You live in Canada, right?

dude, you can do 140km/h inside Mexico City, in fact, in the night i've made 190km/h inside the city.

my regular highway/freeway speed is 140km/h too (travel from city to city)

Toolbox™

140 KPH in a car is fast to be driving from city to city... there is no way you can do that where I live. The traffic in Manila is terrible. I barely even hit 100 KPH in a car everyday.

On a bike its different, I can usually hit about 250KPH every time I get on it which isn't hard since it only takes about 14 seconds to get to that speed from a full stop! :)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
over a million and a half miles in 2. 4, 6, 10 &amp; 18 wheelers without an accident. yea, I'd think so. basically, if it has wheels &amp; never leaves the ground (on purpose) I'm licensed to operate it.

ris

i figure i'm an ok driver. most of the time i'm fine, i keep good distance on motorways, don't get stressed out etc.

but put me on a single-lane back road and my eyes light up and i turn into a asshole with 4 wheels.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I'm learning. All 3 of the instructors I had for the four one-hour sessions I've gone to say I've made great progress from being someone who was too afraid to go over 5mph to being able to drive on the interstate, know not to be fooled by the sound of the car slowing down during exit ramps, make left and right turns at intersections, stay aware of the road, its surroundings, and the maniacs who drive on it, and more. :headbang:

So, I'd say I'm a pretty good driver for only having my permit since June 11th. I just have one more thing to go to, where I think I'm gonna learn defensive/advanced driving and stuff, and then I'll be able to get my license in August. :headbang:

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Don't have my license yet, exam is on August 5th... Kinda late with getting it...I'm 20. Most of the people I know got it when they were 18...oh well, better late than never!

I'm a lousy driver, IMO. But I'm quite a critic when it comes to driving. I always want to do everything too perfect...not always good when driving a car..