do you make your bed?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I make my bed occasionally, like if I am doing something that I need the bed as a space to sit stuff...homework and i need to puts papers/books, wrapping christmas gifts and i need somewhere to put the ones that are wrapped...etc..usaully i just leave it though. I wrap myself in the blankets anyway so the bed being made doesn't make a difference to me. It usually gets made if my mom's coming over cause if not she sighs unapprovingly :D or if I just washed the sheets. So, it got made yesterday before my mom came and will get made today when my sheets get out of the wash, two days in a row in a record. I don't remember the last time my bed at home was made though...

Toolbox™

Nope... never made a bed in my life. :)

The maids do it as soon as I go down for breakfast though. Come to think of it, I've never cleaned my room either. :)

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
nope not even when changing sheets to wash. once the sheet is on i just throw the cover on it and wrap up that night. The missus and cats think im a rat.
Hey tooly im jealous, send her my way will ya. :)

joejive

After spending five years at boarding school under the watchful, and sometimes overly protective, eye of a 'Red Chinese' friend, I try very hard not to make my bed.

Fortunately for me, I have hired-help that if nothing else is good at making beds :brush: But when she takes her leave, it's just me and the sheets and the breadcrumbs :) Somehow it seems more cosy when it's unmade :lol2:

Rose

Rub it in, Toolbox. :p ;)

I still maintain that my bed is made every single day - right before I go to sleep.

Tonks - tell me 'bout it. We have a king with the pillowtop thing on both sides, which is a bitch to find sheets for. So we have these Wal-Mart bed-in-a-bag sheets right now that we've been using until we get better ones. Of course, they don't fit at all. So we have the little stretchy clip thingies to secure the corners. Which don't work. So sometimes I'm not only making the bed before I go to sleep, but having to wake up at night and restretch the sheets. :rolleyes:

tonksy

damn rose...better than me...i'm using old sheets thats elastic is shot so i am constantly retucking the sheets..but my pillow thing is one piece...my egg crate deal is in 2 pieces and seeing as how i get the middle of thge bed i am always lying in the crack...but thats okay in a few short months my girls can have their room and bed back and i will have the king size TO MYSELF!!!!!!! such luxury i have never known...well, not in a king size at least :D

alex

tonks said:
you know what's a pain in the tush? changin the sheets on a king size bed by yourself...

The very reason I never make mine, although I do straighten it out when I wash the sheets. King size waterbed with double captains pedastal, converted with a cal king double pillow top mattress. I have to get a running jump just to get in the damn thing.

Oz

I make sure the sheets are clean (basically if yer hear crackling noises when yer lie down......time to do the laundry). But I could'nt handle a freshly made bed every day....be like being in hospital or summit :eh: