do you smoke?

Uki Chick

rrfield said:
I often wonder if smokers realize how ridiculous they look when smoking.

We only look ridiculous to non-smokers. I don't consider myself ridiculous looking, and my look doesn't change because i have a cigarette in my hand.

Aunty Em

BeardofPants said:
I don't smoke either. I tried it when I was younger (14), and maybe half-heartedly smoked for about half a year, but then gave up. I saw my mother hacking and coughing, plus my grandad trying to smoke whilst on a breathing maching, and decided it wasn't for me. Been smoke free ever since. Becides, ciggys cost at leat NZ$11 over here, last time I checked. :eek:

Hi LT!! :wave:
Neither do I. My dad let me try his cigarette when I was 8, that put me off untill I was 22. I then smoked for about 3 years but gave up regular cigarettes for health reasons. After that I smoked pot maybe twice a week until I developed asthma. Since then, about 7 years ago, I haven't smoked at all. It wasn't that hard knowing that my health was at stake. :D

BTW Uki Chick, I love your avatar! :evilcool:

Uki Chick

Aunty Em said:
BTW Uki Chick, I love your avatar! :evilcool:

Thanks Aunty Em. I thought it looked pretty cool. It made me think of when my husband use to call me Hell's own angel on earth.

Mare

Damn - Hate when your tired too and you look at the ashtray at the end of the night and say Damn, did I smoke all them. Doing it now....

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
CHCR i used to do the pipe also, did you know that insurance companies used to not consider you a smoker if you did the pipe or cigars. reason being is that you dont inhale as much supposedly.
I smoke a cigar when im out hunting once in a while but i chew like a fiend all the time.

chcr

Too cute for words
samcurry said:
CHCR i used to do the pipe also, did you know that insurance companies used to not consider you a smoker if you did the pipe or cigars. reason being is that you dont inhale as much supposedly.
I smoke a cigar when im out hunting once in a while but i chew like a fiend all the time.

I still have a cigar on rare occasions, but I could never get into chewing.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
i do the skoal bandits, so nothing is floating around getting stuck inbetween my teeth and stuff.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Chewing? Hello throat and tongue

*makes a preemptive "Welcome" thread to post when they appear"

:retard4:

Oz

samcurry said:
i do the skoal bandits, so nothing is floating around getting stuck inbetween my teeth and stuff.

Dude, those things are seriously lethal :erm:

they even banned the things in the UK (and we all know how much the UK government enjoys the cash from tax on tobacco products).

I could never get into chewing tobacco.......it gave me the shits :eh:

Dave

i smoked from ages 15 - 30. i was up to 3 packs per day for awhile.
i was reading "dear abby" one day and she mentioned that it was national smoke-out day. thought it was a good idea so i quit cold turkey and haven't had one since. still get the occasional craving for one, but its become few and far between the last few years.

Thulsa Doom

Uki Chick said:
How would you know if you never met me. You have no right to judge me.

Ive smelled smokers before. my old girlfriend smoked. unless your biochemistry is drastically different from every other human then i know how you smell after you smoke.

tonksy

i think that smokers can't really smell that smell. i never noticed it until after i quit. it's not a horrible smell...and sometimes i quite like it...especially on shirts...but there is a smell.