Do you think im a dick?

agw_01

Hi, I dont know if this is the right place to start a thread like this, but I just need a bit of advice.

People seem to think im a dick. They will either threaten me to my face or get one of their friends to do it. I dont know what im doing to get these sort of reactions, but I must be doing something wrong.

I have got a few good mates who I can talk to, but a lot of the new people I meet while out with them, meet me for like half an hour and say stuff about me.

One of my oldest mates, has started to hang around with his "new mates" whos prime objective is to get pissed everynight. He has started to say stuff like "I never liked you, you freak" and bla bla bla.

So, I just wanted to know, whether any of you guys thought that I was dick. I know that many of you don't know me well, but mainly the people from HWC... what were your first impressions.

Thanks for reading, and if you are going to reply, please be truthful. :)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I don't know enough about you to say, but if your friends seem to think so, maybe it's time to step back and look at yourself. Most people that are being dicks really don't have a clue that they are. They just become one, kind of like evolving, and it's not readliy noticable to themselves. So, are you a dick?

Ardsgaine

Naw, man. I like you. I think you're a fantastic person. Witty, intelligent, handsome... those bastards calling you a dick are just jealous. :)

:rofl:

Seriously, my advice is to be your own judge of who you are. :)

agw_01

Yeah, thats a valid point PT.

The only thing I can think of is that I sometimes say stupid things. I dont do stupid things like jump in the road or things like that.

I mean, I still have mates who say that im not, so perhaps its just the types of people who say I am.

I think the best thing to do would be to have a word with some of my better friends to see what they really think.

Thanks again for replying.

Jeslek

Banned
I don't know enough about you to make a judgment call :) In any case, its hard to make me think that of a person.

About being called a freak, well, join the club... My repuation is rather .. colorful I think. Freak, guy that will do anything on a dare, guy kisser, girl kisser, weirdo, shit disturber, etc... My friends don't think of me in a bad way I think. They accept me for what I am, and I accept them.

If they are really there just to piss them off, well, there are a number of things you can do to piss them off in return... I'm a practical joker, and people in general do not piss me off in life just because I do shit to them in return. Threatening to kiss someone in public does carry some weight (if it is a guy)... But I daresay you wouldn't do that :p

I'd say ignore them. Friends don't piss friends off. If someone does it on purpose all the time, he or she isn't a friend. And people that you tried to befriend but doesn't seem to return of the feelings aren't worth your time. Ignore them. :)

Jeslek

Banned
agw_01 said:
The only thing I can think of is that I sometimes say stupid things.
Hah, if you thought Bush say stupid things, wait till you hear me sometimes... English isn't my first language. It isn't even my second language. I sometimes get excited and start translating directly, and some very weird things come out. And even when I have time to formulate my thoughts, I sometimes say totally daft things. To make matters worse, I blush really, really easily, especially when someone laughs at me. Don't worry about it. Most people feel more relaxed if they laugh, and making stupid mistakes is part of life.

I dont do stupid things like jump in the road or things like that.
lol... Well I've never done that, but I have done some prettty stupid things in my life.

I think the best thing to do would be to have a word with some of my better friends to see what they really think.

Thanks again for replying.
Do that:) A friend in need is a friend indeed.

agw_01

Jerrek said:
I'd say ignore them. Friends don't piss friends off. If someone does it on purpose all the time, he or she isn't a friend. And people that you tried to befriend but doesn't seem to return of the feelings aren't worth your time. Ignore them. :)

:) Thanks Jerrek. I agree to all that. Its just I might be giving people the wrong first impression, which isn't the best thing to do.

PT

Jerrek said:
If you are yourself, you can never give others the wrong impression :)

That's true, unless you're a dick. But then I guess you're still not giving them the Wrong impression, you're just a dick. :shrug:

Jeslek

Banned
PuterTutor said:
Jerrek said:
If you are yourself, you can never give others the wrong impression :)

That's true, unless you're a dick. But then I guess you're still not giving them the Wrong impression, you're just a dick. :shrug:
huh? I don't understand that statement.:confuse3:

Squiggy

ThunderDick
You wouldn't be giving them the wrong impression that you're a dick. You would be giving them the right impression that you're a dick...

PT

Ok, I'll type slower.

If you are a dick, you aren't really giving people the wrong impression about you, you are giving them the impression that you are a dick. If that's ok with you, that's ok. If it's not ok that people think you are a dick, then stop acting like a dick and people won't think that you are a dick.

Get it?

^^Not directed at anyone in particular, just a statement.

PT

It took me 5 minutes to type that last response. I've been looking for that class, can't seem to find it in my colleges course book.

agw i always hated you, i detest and loathe you, whats your problem man?

ok, i really don't and from wha i've seen i'd say you were ok :D shit, lots of people don't like me, and a few saidmy first impression was bad, until they really got to know me and stuff, face it, sometimes you outgrow friends or vice versa, but i believe someone has to like you for who you are and not what they want you to be, and you just be yourself, whosoever dosen't like it can bugger off

dan

well, i don't know you from adam... how old are you? which part of manchester? get into town much? ever noticed me in a club?

perhaps we'll hang out one of these days... i'll make sure to let you know if you're a dick :)

AlladinSane

agw_01 said:
That's what I was about to tell you to do.
Jerrek said:
My repuation is rather .. colorful I think.
Sorry, can't resist :rofl:
Justintime said:
shit, lots of people don't like me, and a few saidmy first impression was bad, until they really got to know me and stuff
I think I already told you that. I would have really liked to have you as a friend/mate when I was younger. You just do the coolest things :cool: