Do you think we're ready for first contact?

whoreable

Shadowfax said:
the anal probing is just for fun...other life forms may enjoy the exploring as well you know :D

but we're drifting away from the subject...;)

you are right...discussing why the anal probings are happening is pointless. the question is when will the next one happen.

BeerMat

The problem with man meeting another alien species is this. You have to look at man's genetic make-up. Back when man first started on this planet, be it religious or scientific, we have been hunters, killing other resident species to survive. Modern day man is more domesticated but we are still hunters and killers it is just that our instincts have been surpressed by domestication and rules and laws within society. Inside all of us is the potential and need to survive and if we have too we can and do kill each other and, until it is genetically bred out of us, will continue to do so.
Personally, I think as far as meeting a new friendly 'alien' life-form is concerned we are nowhere near ready and need to find a way to make us all truly equall, but how ? If we get rid of money so that everybody is equall then we'll have to also get rid of every last thing that each of us owns then we are all truly equall but how long could we exist like that ? Simple answer, we couldn't!
I'm sorry if this appears to be in any way a sensible 'post' from me, I'll try not to let it happen again :D

Dave

my idea is that the human race is actually some sort of genetic experiment by another, extraterrestial species. they are growing us...

a recent article i read put forth the theory that a virus of some sort encoded its DNA into primate DNA, stew for a few hundred thousand years and, voila, here we are typing messages.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
my idea is that the human race is actually some sort of genetic experiment by another, extraterrestial species. they are growing us...

a recent article i read put forth the theory that a virus of some sort encoded its DNA into primate DNA, stew for a few hundred thousand years and, voila, here we are typing messages.

MARS NEEDS WOMEN....:D

BB

p.s.
- and don't forget the water ...

- and get some of those pretzels ... and some salted nuts ...