Doctor in the house? Accident-prone people will do

Winky

Leslie said:
How long after stitches should I expect the wound to still bleed?

As long as they need too.

Barring an infection, a lil leakage is a good thing.

The only thing that will speed the healing would be to keep
him off of it. A seven year old "as if" !!!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I dunno. The two ends stitches (one on either end) came undone this afternoon. Well I was finally able to look at it close enough to see that this afternoon.

So. The doctor had said after two days he can get it wet as usual. I didn't let him till yesterday, cause I didn't. We went to the beach for a couple hours then. Today we went to our friend's pool, and it started gushing. It stopped after a few minutes, it's back to seeping now randomly.

*puke*

I hate this. I think I'm gonna take him tomorrow for a look.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Nope. My friend took the stitches out on the Saturday night, and it looked fine. The next day he found a little crusty lip (excess skin) and couldn't leave it alone, so he had a stingy spot there for a couple days he was dying over, and that's it. It's over.

He was still playing cripple so I gave my friend back the wagon I'd dragged him around for the week with to stop the moaning about wanting to ride everywhere. My shoulder was KILLING me!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
So there was glass (cause they broke a lightbulb with a watergun and they were afraid to tell me) in the 9 year old's room last night. He knelt over it and dragged his foot across it and removed a hunk of bacon an inch wide and pretty close to to the bone off the top of his foot.

*puke*

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Haven't seen anyone cute there yet.

This was all the result of an experiment. Someone told them that a water gun will explode a hot lightbulb. They're not allowed waterguns in the house, or (obviously) to explode lightbulbs, so once they did it, they weren't about to tell me so I could vacuum.

Yes, they're that stupid!!!!!

Professur

Leslie said:
Yes, they're that stupid!!!!!

No, they're not stupid. They're boys.

And instead of blowing up at them, you should, perhaps, suggest that next time they want to experiment, that they have an adult supervise. They're curious. And they will try stuff. You need to try to get them to include you instead of avoid you. Guidance always works better than punishment.

Then remind them that water + electricity = funeral costs, and burnt down houses.

Oh, and I'm taking some of my own medicine. Last week, I talked to V2.0 about getting her period. Fun fun.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I did talk to them about the marvels of the asploding lightbulb.

And the dangers of the asploding lightbulb in the eye. Maybe I'll do that. Try and be more of a Dr. Zed for them.