Does this mean no rules?

greenfreak

Actually, it's not quite the same thing as jelly. I don't know how to describe Jell-O. It's gelatin powder mixed with water and chilled. It's lighter and not as sticky as jelly and not as thick either. Mix it with Vodka instead of water and voila! Jell-O shots!

greenfreak

They're not supposed to freeze. You just chill them in the fridge, not the freezer. It would kinda be hard to do a jello shot if they're frozen :laugh:

dan

greenfreak said:
Actually, it's not quite the same thing as jelly. I don't know how to describe Jell-O. It's gelatin powder mixed with water and chilled. It's lighter and not as sticky as jelly and not as thick either. Mix it with Vodka instead of water and voila! Jell-O shots!

sounds like a UK jelly to me...

and vodka jellies are common. it's a real skill to get one of those out of a shot glass without getting ming all over yourself :)

Aunty Em

greenfreak said:
Here's a pic of Jell-O squares. You can mold them into shapes.

Yes that's what we in the UK call jelly. You melt a block of 12 squares in about 1 pint of hot water and let it set in moulds. And put tinned or fresh fruit in it... or use it to make sherry trifle... :licklips:

Ingredients:

block of jello/jelly
fruit
sponge cake
custard
cream and decorative sprinkles, glace cherries or whatever

!sherry!

soak sponge cake with liberal amount of sherry (cake should remain intact)
make up jelly with 1/4 less water than normally required
add fruit (tinned or fresh sliced) and pour over sponge
set in fridge
make up a thick custard and cool in fridge with greaseproof paper on top to prevent skin forming
when cool pour over set jelly mix
whip cream and decorate with fruit, sprinkles, glace cherries or whatever you fancy
get large spoon and tuck in!

unclehobart

Jams and jellies differ here as well. Jams have at least some component of the original fruit pulp within them. Preserves are almost all fruit. Jelly is pretty much a clarified sugary goo with only the fruit flavour and no real fruit.

Q

Aunty Em said:
Yes that's what we in the UK call jelly. You melt a block of 12 squares in about 1 pint of hot water and let it set in moulds. And put tinned or fresh fruit in it... or use it to make sherry trifle... :licklips:

Ingredients:

block of jello/jelly
fruit
sponge cake
custard
cream and decorative sprinkles, glace cherries or whatever

!sherry!

soak sponge cake with liberal amount of sherry (cake should remain intact)
make up jelly with 1/4 less water than normally required
add fruit (tinned or fresh sliced) and pour over sponge
set in fridge
make up a thick custard and cool in fridge with greaseproof paper on top to prevent skin forming
when cool pour over set jelly mix
whip cream and decorate with fruit, sprinkles, glace cherries or whatever you fancy
get large spoon and tuck in!
THAT sounds delicious!

Q

If I were his neighbor, I'd stick that molotov cocktail up his ass and run him over with the snowblower...but that's just me:shrug: