Don't ask, don't tell' is no more

2minkey

bootlicker
when your sexuality is the center piece of your identity the troubles only stack on from there.

this coming from mr. identity trip himself is more than a little funny.

when being an oppressed white boy is the center piece of your identity... well, at least you got a lot of company around here.

you're just as dramatic as the flaming-ist faggot, and you're effectively al sharpton that fell in a bucket of white paint. who do you think you're kidding?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The determining factor in selecting who serves in the military should be...

...up to those in the military. Congress is turning the military into a social experiment. Obviously, using skills that are needed is of utmost importance. However, if you have an individual that has an outstanding skill but creates dissension among the ranks, he is a liability.

Serving can be a requirement, but it is not a right.

Let the military decide.

Mirlyn

Let the military decide.

They can and will.

Congress hasn't done anything but pass an option to edit the US Code. What the press isn't saying is that this bill does nothing by itself.

Unless the President, Sec of Defense, and Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff certify a committee report finding that everyone can play nice internally (ie, meet the very requirements being debated over in Sect 654 Title 10 of USC), nothing happens. If they do find allowing homosexuals satisfies that section, they will permanently strike it from the USC.

Gates, as the head of the DoD, has been pushing to have the changes to that section approved. I believe they all three have been reported to be in favor of striking the section so I expect it to happen, but we'll see. I think mid-2011 is his slated retire date and I don't know who his successor will be, so that could change things if it doesn't happen before then. The administration would have an egg on its face if it picked an anti-gay candidate when they go to replace him though....especially after all this pre-game victorious fanfare.

The question could be asked, does Congress have the power to give DoD a say in changing laws?

ResearchMonkey

welcome to h'armee fellas

a083581folsom2312010403.jpg

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Now that DADT is 'officially' repealed, when are they going to change Article 125, and the 10 USC Sec. 654 to allow homosexual acts? Kinda makes serving while openly gay a lie, innit? DADT gets repealed and we're back to the witch hunts. Nice forward movement. :rolleyes:

ResearchMonkey

yeah that's it gato.. Repealed just puts us back to where we were, although they are supposed to amend those codes as to not make problems for the special troops.

OMG RM you are just so obsessed with that thing... maybe you're a little curious huh?
Yeah, I'm curious how somebody could become so fucked up in the head.

I've never had a problem with being attracted to the opposite sex, its almost like magic. I suppose if your only looking at a warm tight hole to stick it in you might think differently. ...Maybe that why your a cat owner.

2minkey

bootlicker
Yeah, I'm curious how somebody could become so fucked up in the head.

I've never had a problem with being attracted to the opposite sex, its almost like magic. I suppose if your only looking at a warm tight hole to stick it in you might think differently. ...Maybe that why your a cat owner.

i'm a cat owner because my grandmother had to go into an alzheimer's home and i could not find a home for her cats in santa rosa, jackass.

yeah i've never had a problem being attracted to the opposite sex either. and i'm secure enough in what i like that i don't need to attack those with a different preference. this makes you either a closet fag or a sexual infant. take your pick.

ResearchMonkey

yeah i've never had a problem being attracted to the opposite sex either. and i'm secure enough in what i like that i don't need to attack those with a different preference. this makes you either a closet fag or a sexual infant. take your pick.
Ah, so your affinity for butt-hole makes my natural sexual methodology mean somethings terribly wrong .....LMAO, nice logic there buddy.

When I was a kid, we used to laugh when a confused dog would hump another male dog. It never occurred to us that it was actually a loving relationship.

Well this is making sense.

For seven years, the presidential candidate had a "father-son" relationship with Frank Marshall Davis, who has confessed to having sex with children, sadomasochism, bondage and practicing a wide array of deviant sexual activities.

TheEnq

Now Obama's poetry is making more sense too.

POP

Pop takes another shot, neat,
Points out the same amber
Stain on his shorts that I’ve got on mine, and
Makes me smell his smell, coming
From me; he switches channels, recites an old poem
He wrote before his mother died,
Stands, shouts, and asks
For a hug, as I shrink, my
Arms barely reaching around
His thick, oily neck, and his broad back; ’cause

NYT
So Obama is getting mentored by pedophile communist for 7 years after his mother abandoned him. Interesting.

obamapitch.jpg

I going to have to say he's more of a catcher.

jimpeel

They will have their own social networking website as well.

SOURCE

Website aims to be Facebook for gays in military

By Terrine Friday

TORONTO | Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:33pm EST

TORONTO (Reuters) - After nearly two decades of hearing "don't ask, don't tell," gay U.S. military men and women are now hearing, "do ask, do tell," and even, "find a friend" from a new social network website, Out Military.

Launched just over a week ago at outmilitary.com, the site comes on the heels of President Barack Obama signing a new law repealing the so-called "don't ask, don't tell" rule, established in 1993, that prevented gay men and lesbians from openly serving in the armed forces.

To date, Out Military -- a sort of Facebook for gay and lesbian military men and women -- has only 53 members, but its backers think that will change in the months ahead as the law's repeal takes effect.

Currently, the U.S. military is drafting rules to implement the new policy, and a specific date for implementation has not been set. Even so, some members say they aren't waiting and do not fear the possibility of losing their military job.

"It gives people a social platform to communicate," Kristin Orta, a private first-class serving with the Florida National Guard, said about the site, which she joined last week after seeing an ad on Facebook.

Orta, who enlisted in August, said joining the military during the U.S. congressional debate on repeal of "don't ask, don't tell," was a coincidence. She called the repeal a step in the right direction of allowing members to serve openly.

Another Out Military member, Vietnam veteran Bill Royal, claimed he was the victim of sexual abuse during his time in the military and said he hoped the site would help others suffering the same experience.

"I joined, more than anything, so that I could maybe help someone else," explained Royal.

Out Military creator and web designer John McKinnon said he built the site to support others who may be looking for friends or for a network of gay and lesbian service members and supporters.

"I think a social networking site specifically for that niche of gay and lesbian service members is a natural fit," McKinnon said.

Based in Bangor, Maine, McKinnon had been following the "don't ask, don't tell" debate since former President Bill Clinton created the policy. He dreamed up the social networking website when the debate was resurrected in recent months.

He is, of course, encouraging people to join, but while some military members like Orta do not fear being outed, McKinnon discourages posting revealing information before the repeal comes into effect.

"(The site) might be just a little bit early, but it's not too early to join," he said.

(Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
After nearly two decades of hearing "don't ask, don't tell,"

Doesn't anyone else recall when this stupid policy was enacted? It was a political compromise that was, then , seen as good for the homosexual community. Reminds me of government healthcare & a bazillion others. Push the door, relax a little, then slam that motherfucker as hard as you can for as long as you can. Turn community standards on their head.

spike

Doesn't anyone else recall when this stupid policy was enacted? It was a political compromise that was, then , seen as good for the homosexual community. Reminds me of government healthcare & a bazillion others. Push the door, relax a little, then slam that motherfucker as hard as you can for as long as you can. Turn community standards on their head.

Yeah, it was good at the time because it went from them not being able to server to being able to serve if they kept it a secret. Now we've moved towards more freedom where it just doesn't matter.

The community standard is that there should be no bigotry in the armed services.

jimpeel

Enacted and passed by Bill Clinton but now seen as a bigoted, prejudicial policy. What does that say about our first black president?