Drunken skankin'

MuFu

Found these in a skip at about 3am on Tuesday morning in our old school, lol. Funny how it seemed like a really good idea to take them at the time. :D

mobohaul.jpg

~20 PII mobos with CPUs (266Mhz), memory, SBs and Prolink graphics cards. It was a lab upgrade, so all should be working fine - I'll test them anyway. eBay maybe?

MuFu.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
MuFu said:
Sure - you just need three computers to do it. :)

Wooot!!! Sign me up for three of em then, cause by golly, I've got three computers. :eek3:

MrBishop

Dude...you gotta change your title...I thought that you were going to tell us about some skank that you boffed while drunk...

Motherboards!?!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
me too!!!

ack! I just karma'd you with that message gf and forgot to put my name...

Aunty Em

steweygrrrr said:
It'll cost you more to post them on ebay than you'll get for em :)
If you list them individually at a starting price of £5 with 1 free picture it's £0.15 plus a small final valuation fee. At a buy now price of £5 each for the mobos you'd make around £90-£95 if you list it right. And if you offer Nochex or Paypal make sure you cover their fees with a small surcharge on that form of payment. Paypal is 30p + 3.4% but it means you can accept card payments - it costs nothing to upgrade to the premier account, just the fee when you download to your bank. Nochex is 99p per download and you can have up to £90 in your free account.

All shipping & packing fees are paid by the buyer and make sure their cheques clear before sending the item. Also make sure you state that they are sold without warranty, that all sales are final and you don't accept returns... perfectly legal for a private seller selling secondhand goods.

I've sold several items via eBay and only had problems with one buyer who failed to complete the sale.

MuFu

Thanks for that. :)

I'm still mulling it over. Might just burn them all in a massive, computer parts destruction spree. :evilcool:

MuFu.

MuFu

Aunty Em said:
That's wicked... someone could still use them for surfing or wordprocessing.[/url]

j/k of course, although that shrine idea sounds interesting. ;)

Cheers for the link - that was the other thing I was going to ask about on here. I've given a couple of old mobile handsets to such organisations in the past and know they are worthwhile. My dad's employer often donates old workstations to charitable causes so maybe he has some info as well.

MuFu.