Dumb as a post or evil?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:mad2:
After sitting stone-faced while a witness described the vomit-smeared faces of her dead children, Tarajee S. Maynor was finally moved to tears when she heard her own words read in court by a police officer.
"I never left my children in the car before. I didn't know -- was too stupid to know they would die. I didn't want them to die," Southfield Detective Christopher Helgert read Wednesday from an interview with Maynor. The 25-year-old mother had confessed to leaving her toddler son and baby daughter inside a closed car in 88-degree weather for nearly four hours while she visited a hair salon.
Maynor showed little emotion throughout the preliminary examination, during which witnesses testified how she spent the afternoon of June 28 in an air-conditioned salon getting a massage, trying on a sun dress, studying and having her hair done while her children died of hyperthermia, or heat exposure, in the back seat of a black Dodge Neon outside North Park Towers in Southfield.
Witnesses said she never once mentioned her children, asked to bring them inside or left to check on them. She did leave the salon once to get a drink and snack, a salon worker said.

And now she could get off with substantially lesser charges because of it? :eek6: :grumpy:

Little did Maynor know that her own words -- an alleged admission of ignorance -- may spare her from a life behind bars.
Relying heavily on the interview -- in which Maynor feigned a story of rape then admitted to contemplating suicide as she drove around with her dead children in the car -- 46th District Judge Stephen C. Cooper reduced charges of felony murder against her to two charges of involuntary manslaughter, saying prosecutors failed to bring evidence to support the higher charges.
The decision surprised prosecutors, who will start working on an appeal today, but came as a relief to Maynor's attorney Elbert Hatchett, who characterized his client's action as a stupid mistake, not murder.

In charging Maynor with first-degree felony murder -- which is a combination of second-degree murder and first-degree child abuse -- prosecutors were required to show she intended to cause serious physical or mental harm to her children.
Prosecutor Marc Barron argued Maynor's intent could be proven three ways: by locking her children in a hot car for nearly four hours, disregarding the possible consequences of her actions and causing serious physical harm to her children.
Hatchett said prosecutors had made a case for involuntary manslaughter, showing that his client acted in a grossly negligent manner -- but not felony murder.
"They must prove she intended to kill those children. They can't. She said she didn't intend to kill," Hatchett said.
After nearly two hours of testimony, Cooper paused for a moment and told the courtroom the question before him was not whether a horrible incident had occurred, but whether prosecutors had proven their case for a felony murder charge.
They had not, he said.
"The question here is whether this defendant intentionally caused this result, and the court cannot find that. The defendant said 'I would never hurt my children. I was too stupid to know they would die.' There is no evidence to refute that," Cooper said.

More here

To me, this is unfuckingbelievable!!!

Professur

And sadly they will neither stop her from having more kids, or even from driving in the future.

Truely, there is no justice. And sadly, stupidity is yet again an excuse.

How can anyone be believed when they say they don't know that being left in a car kills? Never saw a TV in their lives? Never burned their ass getting onto a hot car? Never had to roll down the windows to air out the car before getting into it?

Can we get an e-mail addy on that judge? He needs a good bitchslap too. Has he handed down any McDonalds rulings recently?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
To me that's just horrific. I don't understand how someone can possibly be THAT stupid. However, our courts in the US are based on ignorance. The Miranda rights is a great example of that. Who in the US has not heard on TV, You have the right to remain silent, yet if a police officer doesn't say it when they arrest you, they can't use a word you say.

Ardsgaine

The principle virtue is rationality. It's the virtue from which all other virtues flow. It's not a sin to not know, but it is a sin not to think; and this woman did not think. As Goya said, "when reason is abandoned the world is full of monsters."

freako104

:mad2: what the fuck is this shit? she leaves her kids in the fucking car the kid dies she gets off? les as you said dumbass post but there is no fucking or! its and!!! dumbass post and evil. call me insensitive but shit she let her kids fucking die!! pathetic. and whats worse as prof said, shell still leagally be able to have kids.stupidity is not EVER an excuse. i can undestand if shes mentally retarded but even then there would be someone to help her out in her life(happens lot in mentally retarded people that they willl need someone to remidn them of what to do and such) but this!! the judge doesnt need a bitchslap. the jury, the judge the prosecutor and anyone else who let her ass off. her lawyer is needs a major bitchslap.

equinoxe3d

Truly pathetic. I wouldn't even let my dog in the car at such temps for long times, so keeping childs in such an oven is downright fucking stupid. And as for going in a salon for 4 straight hours without even thinking of them is the icing on the cake, and the proof hairspray can do brain damage :mad2:

freako104

HomeLAN said:
If not evil, certainly criminal. BTW, stupidity, in my world, IS a crime.

stupidity is a crime and evil in ym world. omg homelan we actully agree on something!! equinox i dont think its stupid so much as i think its flat out cruel. unless it is stupid either way its a fucking crime and its sick as hell and also its evil. can we give her the death penalty for this? i suyre as fucking hell hope so.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
This is pathetic! On hot days there are things smeared all over the news about not leaving pets in cars AT ALL for ANY period of time no mattter how short! Couldn't she make the connection that this means children aswell?! They don't normally state not to leave children in cars on hot days because everyone shoudl know that! Children of that age shoudln't be left unattended aroudn any piece of machinery for any period of time regardless of weather actually! She deserves to be in prison for life because she is SO stupid! That is the only way to gaurantee that she doesn't procreate anymore!