Election Challenge for TRW posters

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I do not know much about your candidates, but I do know that voiding the vote can be better than giving it to someone you don't completely agree with.

Granted, sometimes choosing the lesser of evils is the best, however if everybody starts making their votes void, then politicians will start to realize (read: care) how fed up the people are of their BS.

There are countries in which it is not enough for a candidate to get 50% + 1 vote of the total votes to win, instead, they must get a certain percentage of the total voters base in favor. On some other places, they need something like 66% of the votes. Now if some our countries could change the election system to something similar to that, we would be better off.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I think it's really neat that you can put aside party, and assess the candidates on their merits alone. :)

Obviously, each individual is different but when one is part of a political party, you can narrow down a great deal of their political stances by which party they join. Which is the reason for having them. There are crossovers but teh standards are already set.

catocom

Additionally, I'm not sure, with the economy sucking donkey biscuits, that a de-regulation guy would be that helpful. I think the market needs more regulation, not less, so for that reason as well, I lean towards Obama.

Not to bash, but just to say..
Obama IS in heavy with the 'market'. ;)
not to be omissive, McCain is as well.
Bob, not so much. :D

nalani

I just want to say mahalo to everyone who participated and gave me a lot to think about. Good luck at the polls tomorrow :)