Europe as one

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Good? Bad? Indifferent?

EU constitution unveiled
By Gareth Harding UPI Chief European Correspondent
From the International Desk Published 5/26/2003 11:08 AM

BRUSSELS, Belgium, May 26 (UPI) -- The proposed EU constitution, unveiled Monday and to be considered by EU leaders next month, calls for an elected president and the post of foreign minister to represent the union internationally, and a binding bill of rights.

UPI

Hector

Sounds very promising. When I graduate university I want to move to Europe...somewhere in Germany, or Britain....well, not so much Britain, but anyway...

Jeslek

Banned
European Union is one of those oxymorons...

What I really want to know is how they are going to vote on foreign policy...

HeXp£Øi±

Just what are we building here? Has anyone considered what the Europe of today would be like combined with Russia? Organized arrogant and powerful. I think we're heading in that direction. And let me throw this into the equation, is the EU a democracy? It's being born on the heels of democracies but the sovereignty of individual nations will eventually desolve before the power of any such super state. Once it has control it will be too late to vote it down. Scary stuff.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
imo the members which form the eu should stay independant. the eu was formed as a trade organisation to improve it's position on other countries and monetary union. quite a few regulations have been made on european level the last years, more than in the past. that's not bad in my opinion, but the members should keep their own identity and own government by any cost.

ris

to clear one thing up - it is a democratic process, the people within the european countries vote for the ministers that make the policy.

much of the stuff they are doing is placing an already established set of stuff under a combined document.

Esperanto

Tony Blair said he's going to vote for this without asking the British people. He said that this is too complex an issue for them to understand. :rolleyes:

ris

Tony Blair said he's going to vote for this without asking the British people. He said that this is too complex an issue for them to understand.

i'd appreciate some linkage to that because thats not the official reasons we've had here.