Fail

FluerVanderloo

Anyone ever fail something that you know you're going to laugh about later, but it leads you to a downward spiral anyway?

I failed my CPR practical today. Now I have to take one hour of remedial training and do it again. And in reality it's not a big thing, just like that driver's test. I fail, I do it again, learn from my mistakes. But then I got to thinking how this time I have a second chance. I'm always relying on that second chance. But when I get into college and even the working world, I won't always have that oppurtunity.

So then I cursed my existence for hours on end, telling myself how I need to change, but I can't, and I just got myself all upset. I'm alright at the moment, but I'm sure before bed I'll be crying. Normal teenage thoughts, or a likely serious mental complex?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Wow, you're fucked up...

:D just kidding.

Failing as a teenager is exactly what you are supposed to be doing. What is important is that you realized now that you don't always get that second chance. Don't forget that.

IDLEchild

I'd slit my wrists from sheer and utter shock if it got anything right the first time.

Yeah so you aren't the only one who fucks up and regrets it. What counts is that you move on and rejoice at the eventual victory.

Sharky

I kid you not - if you Google the word "failure", right there at the top of the list are links to Michael Moore, President George W. Bush's biography, Jimmy Carter's biography, and a link to Hillary Rodham Clinton's web page. :lloyd:

Cheer up, Fluer - failure is just a part of the learning process, it doesn't define a person's character. Well, maybe in Hillary's case . . .

Oz

Ah this seems an opportune moment to give one of the lessons taught by my dear old great-great granpappy! He was full of sage advice!

"If at first you dont succeed.............cheat!" :lloyd:

Seriously tho'........keep plodding at it fleur.......yer'll crack it next time! :)

HomeLAN

Welcome to high school. High school is for training, and training is nothing but organized, scheduled failure.

The idea is to get it mostly out of your system before it really starts to count. If you're still having these issues by your sophomore year in college, it's time to revisit the issue.

Learn from the mistakes, but give yourself permission to make them for now.

tonksy

fluer...i failed geometry miserably....miserably....i got a 32 for the year...i rallied and you will too...CPR is a tad tricky at first...hell, i forget the ratios all the time.......but you know what? if everything came easy what fun would that be?

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
making mistakes isn't bad, as long as you learn from them.

that's what happens when you're growing up...inevitable. i learned most of my mistakes, not from the things that went ok the first time.

Professur

I'm not big on failure. They say that you learn more from your failures than your successes, but I'd rather get it right the first time, and leave learning what doesn't work to the sheep.

The only thing I can really tell you about failure is that it can usually be turned about into a success. I failed outta college. Best thing I ever did. Like a boxer getting an icepack down his shorts. Real wake up call. When I went back to night school to finish out my degree, I was focused and aced everything I touched.

FluerVanderloo

Just like I thought....I was in class today, and I asked just for the hell of it if I could retake the test without the remedial training. She said I could, and I did, and passed with a 90%

Now I'm giddy.