fainally a decent movie from Stephen King

greenfreak

the same book Different Seasons also had another movie made from it called Apt Pupil. Didn't do well though. I forget the last story in that book... is it The Breathing Method?

Anyway, I've given up on him. I have 35 or so of his books and liked most of them. But I bought Black House which is the sequel to The Talisman (one of my fav's) and I couldn't stand it. I didn't make it past the first chapter. He's not being edited enough anymore and the descriptions that I used to like are now too much.

I agree that Shawshank (own the movie), the Green Mile and Misery were the best. Remember that horrible movie Maximum Overdrive??

The last collection of short stories I liked was Nightmares & Dreamscapes. There was one story that creeped me out about a woman who gets a strange phone call. The Dark Tower series is amazing also.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'd liek to see them do "Quitters Inc" as a movie. It would make everyone paranoid if done correctly.

greenfreak

I just went looking at filming locations on IMDB.com and found that parts of The Godfather were filmed here in Long Beach. :headbng2:

There are 147 hits for "Long Island" and over 2500 for "New York City".

HeXp£Øi±

Wasn't Apt Pupil the story about the kid who brought the gun to school and started murdering fellow classmates? I remember the media was in a big uproar about that one when students began shooting fellow classmates in the US. They wanted to actually blame Stephen King.
His horror stories were the ones i was speaking specifically of in my original comments. No doubt many of his stories have made it onto film in the past decade but few have been decent horror flicks and even fewer that he's actually been involved with. Which is why i'm so much looking forward to DreamCatcher.
On another note, anyone ever notice how many women like the ShawShank Redemption? From my experience that's very unusual for a prison movie however a little less strange given the actors involved and the subject matter of the film.

freako104

Pet Sematary, It, Sleepwalkers, Stand by me, and It i enjoyed. though the books for Pet Sematary and It were far better than the movies. and i also liked Rose Red too.

lacemyster said:
I The books of his that I've read though are: Carrie, The Dead Zone, Salems Lot, The Eyes Of A dragon, Firestarter, Christine. They are all very good books, but my personal favorite is Carrie. :headbang:

must reads: Christine, IT, pet semetary,Cycle of the werewolf, Graveyard shift, The Talisman,Thinner, Tommy knockers, Needful things, The stand, rage, the darktower series, four past midnight. To mention a few that i remember:cool:

Freako, yes Quitters inc. is the one with the boy murdering the teachers and taking the students hostage to 'get it on' if i remember well.

freako104

Justintime said:
Freako, yes Quitters inc. is the one with the boy murdering the teachers and taking the students hostage to 'get it on' if i remember well.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i didnt say anything about quitters inc???

Justintime said:
must reads: Christine, Cycle of the werewolf, Graveyard shift, The Talisman,Thinner, Tommy knockers, Needful things, The stand, rage, the darktower series, four past midnight. To mention a few that i remember

i loved cycle of the werewolf i didnt read the others ill give em a shot if i find em thanks for the refernce Justin. though the film for Needful Things i thought was terrible so i avoided the book too thinking the only redeeming value was it is a book and not the movie

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Quitters Inc is about the mob run smoke-enders program. You will quit or we'll make those around you suffer & if you still don't, we kill you type of thing.

doh, bad name mixup :eek: it was actually 'rage' where the kid held the classmates hostage. I remember the quitters inc. now, when he met that guy who was fat and now he was thin at the airport i believe and he gave him the card for the place or something. Been years now :laugh:

greenfreak

Apt Pupil is the one where the kid from the neighborhood recognizes his neighbor as a Nazi war camp General. Guess who played the Nazi general? Ian McKellen, aka Galdalf the Grey.

Q

Gonz said:
Quitters Inc is about the mob run smoke-enders program. You will quit or we'll make those around you suffer & if you still don't, we kill you type of thing.
Didn't they do bad stuff to his wife, cuz he smoked?