Feedback please

Chewie

The tech situation in Tasmania is so scary, I've set up my own business.
My website can be found by googling Tamar Valley Tech. I'd appreciate any feedback anyone could provide.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
You spelled labor wrong. :D

Anyway. It looks solid. Don't know about the hourly rates you charge, but, to me, the 'after hours' charges seem a little steep. The overnight rates are a nice touch, though.

Just one question...

What's the going rate for one of them college over-edumacated types?

Undercut their rates by $5.00 per hour, and start from there.

greenfreak

You spelled labor wrong. :D

And Valley? :)

A few suggestions - When clicking on the links on the left, they re-sort themselves and the section you're in dissapears. I think you should leave every section regardless of which one you're in.

I think you should make it less personal and more business like in style and how it's written. A few cute phrases here and there are good. But if people are going to be trusting you with their computers, they probably want to feel like you're a serious geek.

I think you should taken any mention of "idiot" out along with any slang like ya, code monkey, sparkey, etc.

Just my opinion, feel free to completely disregard it. :D

edited to add: Where is your name? It should be in the About Me section at least. Maybe a picture of you spilling the guts of a computer too. I'd make sure your name also appears in your email address.

catocom

looks a little like a template, but I like template, and simple sites.
Easy for non-savvy comp users.:hairbang:

I like your schedule.
I never thought of charging different for specific hours.....I likey.
I'm thinking of changing my schedule like it, for a couple of customers.

You prices are similar to mine, and I believe to be competitive, but I'm in the US,
but I think the basic %age is about the same.
:hairbang:

Chewie

I talked to the local auto-sparky, and he charges $40/hour, and is massively over worked. The customers I've had so far have been happy enough with the prices. I'll have a look at the other suggestions too, thanks folks, this is just what I needed.