Femi-Nazis stay out

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It took a governmental investigative panel to find out what some people here have said already. There is no glass ceiling, unless you place it there.

Women's income is lower on average than that of men in part because they generally work less, leave the labor force for longer periods and tend to hold jobs that pay less, a congressional study found.

But even after adjustments are made for those factors, women still earned an average of 20.3 percent less than men in 2000, investigators said yesterday.

The study could not provide reasons for the earnings difference, but it noted that experts have speculated that it could be due to discrimination or the decision by some women to forgo career advancement for family-friendly jobs that offer more flexibility and less stress.

Washington Post

Why aren't all the newspapers in the country running this? hehehehehe

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Re: Femo-Nazis stay out

No. I also read a story, some time back, that, when comparing apples to apples, women are actually earning more than their male counterparts but I haven't been able ro re-find it. It was before I became a professional pain in the ass.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
:rofl3: Ahhh yes...I had forgotten how the right wing, selective thought process worked....IraQ = alQueada....

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member

Squiggy said:
:rofl3: Ahhh yes...I had forgotten how the right wing, selective thought process worked....IraQ = alQueada....

At least the right has a thought process, unlike the emotion laden left :D

freako104

But even after adjustments are made for those factors, women still earned an average of 20.3 percent less than men in 2000, investigators said yesterday. The General Accounting Office conducted the study for Democratic Reps. Carolyn B. Maloney of New York and John D. Dingell of Michigan

so even without the extra factors such as time there is a difference

The 20 percent gap has been relatively unchanged in the past two decades: The difference was 19.6 percent in 1983.

and i thought it was getting better? that they were able to make some more in some areas?

oh and gonz the washington post is known to be a left wing newspaper ;) you mihgt want to try the washington times. thats our right wing counterpart ;)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Read, in order, your first & my last paragraph. They are connected.

PostCode

Major contributor!

Gonz said:
It was before I became a professional pain in the ass.

According to your Mother, you've been a pain in the ass since you were born.

:D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
being not a Nazi about all this I feel entitled to pop in and say

Gonz... just :p

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
BeardofPants said:
All a woman wants is pay equity, and suddenly she's a feminazi? What-fucking-ever! :cuss: :mad4:

That's all you want? Well shit, I'll pay you the same as all my other maids...

Mirlyn

Not really sure where I stand on this.

Part of me says this kind of study makes our society further entrenched in the belief that such things do exist, and that by being aware of it simply makes any pay difference blown out of proportion.

Another part of me agrees that the glass ceiling exists and should not, despite the obvious work experience differences.

Its a slippery slope either way you go....