Finally got sirius about my music

HomeLAN

Spot said:
question.
does Sirius allow multiple recievers for each account or do you have to pay monthly fees for each reciever?
i know about the portable ones they have. my XM is part of the stock stereo system in the Honda. if i wanted to get the GF an XM, i'd have to pay an additional monthly fee for her reciever.

$12.99 per month for the first receiver, $6.99 each for additional receivers.

You may want the MLB, SnP, but be ready to pay for it. XM has a track record of doing that with new features. Maybe they'll surprise me this time.

Alaska

HomeLAN said:
Yep. Bluegrass is channel 37. All bluegrass, all the time.

I was amazed when I found the all Elvis channel. I could always take him or leave him but enjoyed listening the other night to many songs I'd never heard before.

You may not like him but ya gotta admit he had a lasting impact on the music of America [and Canada]. And, how many others get their own radio channel?

:shrug:

Dave

HomeLAN said:
$12.99 per month for the first receiver, $6.99 each for additional receivers.

You may want the MLB, SnP, but be ready to pay for it. XM has a track record of doing that with new features. Maybe they'll surprise me this time.
Major League Baseball is included as part of XM's basic monthly service plan.
according to their web site.

HomeLAN

Color me surprised. Anyone who'd charge $4 a month for streaming internet oughtta be taken out behind the barn and shot, IMO.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
HomeLAN said:

I'm almost to the point of buying the cable company's MLB season pass so I can watch something, anything, but the mothereffing BRAVES!!!!!

HomeLAN

SouthernN'Proud said:
I'm almost to the point of buying the cable company's MLB season pass so I can watch something, anything, but the mothereffing BRAVES!!!!!

Careful, now. I WAS starting to like you. :p

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
National league baseball is kinda like sex with a corpse. It's the same basic precept, but there just ain't much action going on. :lol2:

And Homelan....sorry, I just can NOT get with the Braves. I actually root for them to make the Series, thus insuring an American League win. In my opinion, the fact that Braves baseball is the only real alternative we have is one of the three things wrong with living in Dixie. (Florida doesn't count as Dixie...it's North Cuba.) The other two are mosquitos and having to tolerate the city of Nashville as an entity. :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
SouthernN'Proud said:
National league baseball is kinda like sex with a corpse. It's the same basic precept, but there just ain't much action going on. :lol2:

The Braves remark I can live with but this is blasphemous. The AL likes paying overhormoned hasbeens to hit .275?

Sharky

Does either Sirius or XM have the Bob and Tom Show? That would be the deciding factor in my choice.

Dave

with what they are paying for Stern, NASCAR and the NFL, they wont see any profits for decades.

HomeLAN

Spot said:
with what they are paying for Stern, NASCAR and the NFL, they wont see any profits for decades.

Maybe, maybe not. It's all about what kind of subscribers it brings in. In any case, we won't really know for a year or two, as those big ticket deals actually start broadcasting.

You figure $12.99 per month, $100 million over 5 years for the rights, you need an additional 130,000 subs strictly tied to NASCAR to pay the bill. Obviously, it ain't that simple, but what does NASCAR bring in? 1 million? 2? That's plenty to make the deal pay off.

HomeLAN

Stern's 100 million PER YEAR. You need about 1 million extra subs to pay for that. From that perspective, NASCAR's a steal.

abooja

I decided I wasn't going to bother with it since Stern has been boring the hell out of me lately, but now that they've got NASCAR, I might change my mind again. If this real estate gig pays off, why not.

Inkara1

If nothing else, the music library makes it well worth it. Trust me. I haven't even listened to any of the talk radio stations yet.