Finally!

Stop Laughing

I found some trivia cards! Time to try some out here to get some more action in this forum:

1. What country owns the uninhabited Pacific islands of Baker, Howland, and Jarvis?

2. What actor co-starred in a police series in the 1950s and an anti-war series in the 1970s?

Harry Morgan (answered by chcr)

3. What needed to be flipped before the Wright brothers took their first flight?

Coin (answered by Djcake)

4. What family of common house plant is used in the making of breakfast cereals, sugar, and alcoholic beverages?

5. What Japanese martial art produces a grand champion called a yokozuna, a term referring to the large rope worn around the champion's waist?

Sumo (answered by Djcake)

6. What did a Civil War soldier remove from his pockets before battle, so these sinful objects would not be sent to his family if the soldier was killed?

Dice (answered by MrBishop)

MrBishop

I like HLs answer to #6 - I'd think that it was a pipe and pouch of tobbacco...then again, smoking was accepteable then.

Alternative #6 - Dice?

#4 Sugarcane? - fake bamboo plants (or lucky bamboo plants)

Stop Laughing

Sorry, got busy again. Also can't edit the original post anymore. USA is right for #1, but #4 remains, and since it's the only one left, I'll just put it here for quicker reference.

4. What family of common house plant is used in the making of breakfast cereals, sugar, and alcoholic beverages?

Djcake

Stop Laughing said:
Sorry, got busy again. Also can't edit the original post anymore. USA is right for #1, but #4 remains, and since it's the only one left, I'll just put it here for quicker reference.

GRASS!