Find old computers in the garbage.

GrandCaravanSE

so every year in my town around march we have a spring clean out, were everybody throws out every thing they can. and every year people go around searching through those piles of garbage to find stuff. i do this, i mostly look for speakers, amplifiers, and just all around electronics. well last year i found a whole bunch of computers, and guess what, they are awsome, about 98% have windows XP. i also found XP install disks 6 in total. i got about 7 or 8 CRT moniters as well. most of them had DVD drives, obver 50GB hard drive and well over 512ram, i cannot belive how stupid people are. i hope next year is as good as the last, this is like X-mas for me!!!:banana:

Professur

The ones that kill me are the guys who chuck out their Hd intact, all their files still on it.

Mine leave with holes drilled through them.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
The ones that kill me are the guys who chuck out their Hd intact, all their files still on it.

Mine leave with holes drilled through them.

I use a large hammer and chisel.

I have found some interesting stuff on old hard-drives I have found.

catocom

I recycle.
the (old old) disk platters get cut in half with a friction saw.
The bodies get totally stripped for the aluminum.

Professur

I`ll try and get a pic, but my camera`s crap, and the missus' one ... she won't let me use.

Not that you can really see that it's old comps

pc_builder

I got a partially stripped computer just this last spring. It was a case, motherboard, cpu, and cdrom drive. No cables, hdd, or power supply, but I had spares of all that. It's got a 2Ghz celeron, and it's an older board. I have no ddr1 ram, but after I get some, I'm giving this system to one of my friends. All the other internals that I stuffed inside came from her old computer which she wanted me to rebuild anyway.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
Well i have to say that this past year you guys would have drooled at what got pitched(not byme, but...) i heard peole were going crazy with the server cases and all the hardware and printers that go set down at the end of the drive. Christmas came early for alot of people cept me. I was the guy crying when he heard about it from the neighbor.

GrandCaravanSE

Well i have to say that this past year you guys would have drooled at what got pitched(not byme, but...) i heard peole were going crazy with the server cases and all the hardware and printers that go set down at the end of the drive. Christmas came early for alot of people cept me. I was the guy crying when he heard about it from the neighbor.

Well that sucks.