First time you held your child

tonksy

it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life- each time. after 9 long months of all the pregnancy woes, which i need not go into, after all the labor and delivery, you are handed this perfect little angel. it's almost sobering, really. the first time you lay eyes on your child and you reconize the eyes/cheeks/lips/toes/nose...it's awestriking. a lump grows in your throat when you think about the sheer possibilities life has in store for them, all your good intentions, and all the dreams you hold out for them. in a span of a few seconds all these things flash through your mind. i have known very few experiences that can even compare.

AliBop

Hmmmm... first time round I didn't get that rush of love that I was expecting to feel. I thought that the second I held my baby all these feelings would hit me but they didn't. It took a couple of days... maybe the shock of a pain free labour tired me out or something... I felt really guilty for not feeling anything... but after a few days I couldn't get enough of her... the cute little noises they make when sleeping... the smell of babies... aaaww.
Second time round it was the most incredible experience of my life. It was really weird because Jamie's head was out... only her head and then the contractions stopped. The midwives started to panic a bit and I remember looking down and seeing this head sticking out from between my legs. Her face was blue and lifeless and then all of a sudden her head started to rotate... very slowly... almost like a robot. It was the freakiest thing I've ever seen.. it was like Chuuuckie's back... Anyway... contractions started again and when I held her... I just felt this amazing rush of love for this tiny little person. It's the most amazing feeling in the world.
I still feel like that when I look at my kids... they're amazing and they make me laugh. They're also very expensive and have a habit of winding me up... but I love tham all the same.
I'd never have anymore though.... fuck that!!

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Professur said:
I swear I heard the shackles clink shut.
Yep, heard that too. It was easily the most profound moment of my life. The pre-natal Dr. visits, even the ultrasound, didn't really sink in til I held that kid in my arms. I was a Father.

Tears? No. Just immense Joy.

PrincessLissa

It was incredible to see this living beatuiful baby looking at me and knowing that I had brought her into this world. I cried a little cause I was so happy. The little kicking sensation and now I could see the feet that caused it. It was simply amazing knowing that I had given life to a beautiful little girl.

Starya

The first time I was still a bit woozie after the anesthetic, and worried a bit about getting my IV gaught in the blanket..

MrBishop

Welll...first of all...I couldn't think. I got to catch my son, and it was pretty disgusting at first. Lots of liquids, blood etc...the next thing that I knew. He was being passed to my wife, wrapped up like a sausage. I didn't even know taht it was a HE until 10 minutes later. It took a while before I held him. I thnk that I was too stunned to think anything other than...don't drop him!

He's been a joy ever since :)

PostCode

Major contributor!
MrBishop said:
He's been a joy ever since

:bs:

:D Just kidding.

I've never had my own to experience this with but I was there for my niece and nephew. In both cases, and it's the same with all small little babies, I'm afraid to hold them. I held both my niece and nephew for about five seconds each. I never picked them up again until they got quite a bit older. I don't know why really, but I get this fear that I'm going to drop them. A lot of people have asked me to hold their kids. I just flat out refuse. I just get so fucking scared. Still haven't figured out why though.

Mare

Its something a woman will never forget and the love and bondness is something you die for-for them for the rest of their life.
Its like us women have our own ego system going on for the babies, air conditioning, heat, food, drink, bathroom, we are amazing and its an experience i will never forget that first time, I held them.
PS. Now the whole being pregnant for 9 months-forget it-HATED IT- wish we were like dogs and only what 8 wks of pregnacy-was not a happy pregnant person :winkkiss:

MrBishop

PostCode said:
:bs:

:D Just kidding.

Yeah...so he's a little monster. but he also manages to be my ray of sunshine at the same time. I can forgive him his little transgressions. The cats on the other hand..bite back :)

AliBop

MrBishop said:
Welll...first of all...I couldn't think. I got to catch my son, and it was pretty disgusting at first. Lots of liquids, blood etc...

Yep... you guys definately have the raw end of the deal... at least we can't see what's going on down there.