Some photoshopped ones :D

votefraud.jpg

20032133486692284255678.jpg

quarter2.jpg

quarter3.jpg

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I have a few old coins, many of them are cuper, bronze or silver. I don't have gold ones thou :(

Jeslek

Banned
I have a few gold coins. From South Africa. (they have lots of gold)

One is a 1 oz. 22 carat gold coin, about 1 1/4" in diameter. The other is a 1/4 oz. 22 carat coin, a little less than 1" in diameter.

I also have silver coins... also from South Africa. One is a 1967 R1 coin, which is 80% silver. Hmm, I think I have one from 1969 too.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I think the oldest one i have is from 1940s

most of the current 10 pesos coins have silver, the coin per se is worth more than 10 pesos, and people started to melt them and sell it :lol:

BlurOfSerenity

my dad's the big coin collector. he's collecting 50 of each state quarter. woah!!
he also collects pennies, dimes.... all the coins, i think, from different years.
i have a carribean square nickle from my granpa, and an austrailian dollar from an old neighbor-friend.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I don't collect coins, except in my change jar which my kid has decided is his. I've always been fascinated by coin collectors. They are the only people in the world who spend $25. on a $.50 piece. Curious.

Jeslek

Banned
Gonz said:
I don't collect coins, except in my change jar which my kid has decided is his. I've always been fascinated by coin collectors. They are the only people in the world who spend $25. on a $.50 piece. Curious.
And in 20 years time get $2,000 for it.... If we decide to cell it. ;)

alex

I've read articles about people buying proof mint sets and then discovering there is an error on one of the coins.....$$$$$$.

alex

I've also read articles about people paying big bucks for rare coins then someone discovers a large cash of that coin somewhere which, of course, would make them worth alot less.

dan

don't you get confused with having all the dollar bills the same size? they should make the things so it's a bit easier to tell them apart from each other

Q

We all grew up with them that way dan, so we don't know any different. You just gotta look at the bill to see which denomination it is.

Aunty Em

I collect bank notes, anyone wishing to donate.... :)

Seriously, I have a small collection of obsolete banknotes from various places like 19th century China and 1920s Germany. It sort of carried on from the stamp collecting.

Q

Now that you mention that. As far as I know, there IS no way for a blind person to tell which bill he is holding ( or getting in return) I'm kinda surprised the ADA people haven't jumped all over this.

Aunty Em

Q said:
Now that you mention that. As far as I know, there IS no way for a blind person to tell which bill he is holding ( or getting in return) I'm kinda surprised the ADA people haven't jumped all over this.

It also makes yours easier to counterfeit. I won't tell you how or all your 1 dollar bills will start to disappear... :D Read Lee Childs.