follow the bounceless boob

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
and the controvery which ensues.

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SUN FEB 01, 2004 21:27:35 ET XXXXX

OUTRAGE AT CBS AFTER JANET BARES BREAST DURING DINNER HOUR; SUPER BOWL SHOW PUSHES LIMITS

**Exclusive**

Top CBS executives approved a musical skit where Janet Jackson would expose her breast during the MTV-produced Super Bowl half-time concert, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

"The decision to go forward went to the very top of the network," a well-placed source explained from New York.

The groundbreaking scene came during the most-watched television broadcast of the year -- and during the dinner hour for the nation's west coast viewers.

Officially, CBS drew distance from the show: "CBS deeply regrets the incident that occurred during the Super Bowl halftime show," the network said in a release. "We attended all rehearsals throughout the week and there was no indication that any such thing would happen. The moment did not conform to CBS broadcast standards and we would like to apologize to anyone who was offended."

In a press release before Sunday's game, CBS's sister outlet [VIACOM's] MTV promised "Janet's Shocking Moments."

"I'll get you naked by the end of this song," sang performer Justin Timberlake, moments before he ripped off Jackson's top, exposing a bare breast -- the nipple covered by a metal 'solar' nipple medallion.

CBS's main New York switchboard was immediately bombarded with complaints about the stunt, network sources said late Sunday.

The NFL claimed outrage over the stunt:

Statement by NFL Executive Vice President Joe Browne regarding the Super Bowl halftime show: "We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced Halftime show. They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the show. It's unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime."

Developing...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Viacoms press release 01.28.2004 3:21 PM EST
HOUSTON — The Super Bowl means just as much to the entertainment world as it does to those who follow sports.

As the big game approaches, one of the top questions along with "Who's going to win?" is "What will Janet Jackson be doing at the halftime show?" But Janet isn't the only celebrity cutie who'll be catching eyes during the MTV-produced AOL Top Speed Super Bowl XXXVIII halftime performance Sunday. Jessica Simpson has just been added to the festivities.

MTV's 12-minute program will commence with a short film, and then one half of the world's most popular newlyweds will call for the party to start. From there the Houston native will hand it over to fellow hometown favorites Texas Southern University and the University of Houston. The TSU Ocean of Soul marching band and the UH Spirit of Houston Cougar marching band will unite as one, coming with their instruments blaring and feet stomping, leading the way for Ms. Jackson.

Although the bands have different styles — with TSU moving with a pump-and-drive, high-knee marching style and U of H using the more traditional heel-to-toe method — they've been able to meet in the middle.

"It's working out fine," affirmed TSU Band Director Richard F. Lee. "We have two different styles but we move the same distance at the same time; eight steps every five yards." Lee and UH band director David Bertman will share the reins on Sunday.

After seeing videotapes of the bands, Jackson was eager to work with both squads so she could bring something new to the table for her halftime performance.

"Me and Janet thought it would be great to change one of our numbers and introduce a drum line into our routine," Jackson's choreographer, Gil Duldulao, said Tuesday. "This is different because I know a lot of band members aren't dancers. So I'm happy to have the time beforehand to teach and sort of lead them in the direction that I feel is perfect for what we're doing onstage."

Janet will be backed by 26 dancers, 360 regular band members and a 60-person drum line. Each school has an equal amount of people playing.

"I don't think the Super Bowl has ever seen a performance like this," Duldulao added. "The dancing is great. She's more stylized, she's more feminine, she's more a woman as she dances this time around. There are some shocking moments in there too. It's a lot of pressure, there's so many creative people and creative artists, you want to make sure everything is different, and I think she's going to do that. She's doing her job well."

In addition to Jackson and Simpson, P. Diddy, Nelly and Kid Rock will also perform at halftime.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
feigning surprise?

capt.sbx18102020149.super_bowl_sbx181.jpg

Rose

I dunno about y'all, but the general consensus at our house was that halftime sucked major ass. Talk about pissing money into the wind ...

alex

NEW YORK (CNN) -- The head of the Federal Communications Commission on Monday called the baring of Janet Jackson's breast during the Super Bowl halftime show "deplorable" and said his agency will investigate.

"Like millions of Americans, my family and I gathered around the television for a celebration," FCC Chairman Michael Powell said in a statement. "Instead, that celebration was tainted by a classless, crass and deplorable stunt. Our nation's children, parents and citizens deserve better.

"I have instructed the commission to open an immediate investigation into last night's broadcast. Our investigation will be thorough and swift."

tonksy

whatever....i find this tame compared to the britney/christina/madonna publicity lesbian thrill attempt....basically who cares?

Dave

NEW YORK (CNN) -- The head of the Federal Communications Commission on Monday called the baring of Janet Jackson's breast during the Super Bowl halftime show "deplorable" and said his agency will investigate.

"Like millions of Americans, my family and I gathered around the television for a celebration," FCC Chairman Michael Powell said in a statement. "Instead, that celebration was tainted by a classless, crass and deplorable stunt. Our nation's children, parents and citizens deserve better.

"I have instructed the commission to open an immediate investigation into last night's broadcast. Our investigation will be thorough and swift."​

oh fer christs sake...you think she decpitated someone on live tv...its a breast...get over it....

tonksy

Starya said:
I never could understand the fear of the exposed nipple. It's not like we blindfold the kids as we feed them. :D
:wstupid:....no seriously...i agree 100%...they're made for children.

Rose

Hell. While we watched it we just figured it was flesh colored underwrap and it was all planned. No big deal either way. :rolleyes:

chcr

Too cute for words
Everybody's screaming about the "exposure," but I found all the dry humping and such much more offensive than the momentary flash of skin. :shrug: I heard this morning that MTV has been cordially invited not to participate in any future NFL events.

Oz

tonks said:
:wstupid:....no seriously...i agree 100%...they're made for children.

Well yeah.......technically.....but so are playstation, scalextrix and trainsets...........but dads always end up playing with them :shrug: ;)

As far as offensive tittage goes...........I've seen worse flashes ;)

BeardofPants

Something I posted somewhere else..

Me and the BF were discussing this yesterday - well, not the Jackson flash, but the whole female nipple thing. It's odd - you can wear a shirt, with no bra, and show the whole cold-nipple thing, no problems. I used to do this all the time in my school uniform - even wearing a bra, you could still see the erect nipples thing, and not frickin' surprising, cos they used to make us wear skirts in the middle of winter!!! Okay, males, are you still with me?? *pokes random male* Okay, so I can wear a shirt, sans bra, and as long as you can't see the colour of my nipples, it's okay? It doesn't matter with the whole erect thing, right? Oftentimes, it can't be helped anyway, sometimes even WITH a bra. Now let me get this straight - male nipples are perfectly alright to be bared in public? So: to reiterate, erect nipples are okay, but if you an see the colour of them, it is considered indecent... but it's okay to flash male nipples. You now, this modesty thing is confusing!

Oh, and wasn't Janet actually wearing something over her nipple. What's the big frickin' deal?

MrBishop

Ho hum...I've seen more exposed nippleage on pop-ups (as do most kids) daily, not to mention Spam ads etc...

A split-second shot of MsJackson's studded nip shouldn't be causing this much grief.

A.B.Normal

BOP said:
Me and the BF were discussing this yesterday - well, not the Jackson flash, but the whole female nipple thing. It's odd - you can wear a shirt, with no bra, and show the whole cold-nipple thing, no problems. I used to do this all the time in my school uniform - even wearing a bra, you could still see the erect nipples thing, and not frickin' surprising, cos they used to make us wear skirts in the middle of winter!!! Okay, males, are you still with me?? *pokes random male* Okay, so I can wear a shirt, sans bra, and as long as you can't see the colour of my nipples, it's okay? It doesn't matter with the whole erect thing, right? Oftentimes, it can't be helped anyway, sometimes even WITH a bra. Now let me get this straight - male nipples are perfectly alright to be bared in public? So: to reiterate, erect nipples are okay, but if you an see the colour of them, it is considered indecent... but it's okay to flash male nipples. You now, this modesty thing is confusing!

Oh, and wasn't Janet actually wearing something over her nipple. What's the big frickin' deal?

Hey,watch who your pokin' with that stick *poke*

Yea she was wearing a Nipple piercing similar to This .I agree that its a double standard and a hold over from a past age,in some cultures women can't show any skin ,I thought we were beyond that.

I think you need to post some school pics in the Grad thread :grinyes:

Starya

Hah! I was right about the piercing thing then.

It did look very cool. Not something I would wear,, but still.