follow the bounceless boob

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Well, it is supposed to be 15 minutes, and lively talk amongst the announcers used to fill the gap quite adequately, but of course the Super Bowl requires more entertainment than that, and I believe it stretches out to however long they see fit.

AlphaTroll

Flippen hell! Why bother with such a long break? See, I knew real men play rugby.....no unnecessary padding.....guys actually tackle each other HARD & get up to play again.....and they only need a 10 minute break :shrug:

Grid Iron? My ass! More like Icecapades on grass ;)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
A normal game has 4 :15 quarters with a :02 break between & a :12 break for the half. This is not a regular game. It's a revenue stream.

AlphaTroll

And rugby has two 40 minute halves with only 10 minutes break (5 minutes at schools level)...... I still don't see the need for so many breaks - just slows the game down dunnit?

tonksy

halftime during the superbowl is as long as it is so that you can all take potty breaks...lord knows you don't want to miss the game or the commercials.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
the quarter breaks are to switch directions (wind conditions)

I didn't make the rules I just enjoy the game

tonksy

no...they play in rain and snow...the quarter breaks are just to switch sides for fairness and they don't last long at all.

AlphaTroll

Oh, guess you learn something new every day then :D

Well, I've never really understood much of it anyway, but what little I now know will come in handy....I'm quite sure of that.

tonksy

AlphaTroll said:
Oh, guess you learn something new every day then :D

Well, I've never really understood much of it anyway, but what little I now know will come in handy....I'm quite sure of that.
so glad to be of service, my dear.

chcr

Too cute for words
Do you wonder what kind of mindless, self-righteous prigs we've become as a society that this is still news?