For SnP...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I agreee with the nature of the message but I'm glad I'm not paying taxes in Dallas. That's just goofy.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
It shouldn't have to fall on the gubmunt to relay this message. If parents won't do it, community standards should. The fact that neither seem to be working tells a tale of where we have allowed our society to go.

Fashion statements are one thing. Public indecency is another. And FTR, I've long advocated that tube tops, spandex, ass-grabbin shorts, and other items should only be made in certain sizes, no larger and no smaller. I got no problem with showin off a little skin. When the skin resembles a dish of cottage cheese, or is made for 5 year olds, that's a bit much IMO. And I don't care how [Winky]HAWT[/Winky] the wearer might be, I am not interested in knowing the style, color, pattern or general condition of yer drawers. Unless I'm in the process of obtaining access to what lies therein...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
It shouldn't have to fall on the gubmunt to relay this message. If parents won't do it, community standards should. The fact that neither seem to be working tells a tale of where we have allowed our society to go.

Fashion statements are one thing. Public indecency is another. And FTR, I've long advocated that tube tops, spandex, ass-grabbin shorts, and other items should only be made in certain sizes, no larger and no smaller. I got no problem with showin off a little skin. When the skin resembles a dish of cottage cheese, or is made for 5 year olds, that's a bit much IMO. And I don't care how [Winky]HAWT[/Winky] the wearer might be, I am not interested in knowing the style, color, pattern or general condition of yer drawers. Unless I'm in the process of obtaining access to what lies therein...

You mean standards like these?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
The thing with overly baggy clothes is, you'd be amazed how many weapons they can conceal. We got to see a video as part of our safety training that illustrated it. The kid looked like any other...baggy pants, shirt not tucked in, etc. He was wearing about 15 guns, including a shotgun down each pants leg. You couldn't see one clue just looking at him. To me, that's the line between fashion statement and security concern.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
The thing with overly baggy clothes is, you'd be amazed how many weapons they can conceal. We got to see a video as part of our safety training that illustrated it. The kid looked like any other...baggy pants, shirt not tucked in, etc. He was wearing about 15 guns, including a shotgun down each pants leg. You couldn't see one clue just looking at him. To me, that's the line between fashion statement and security concern.

Where do you think the style came from? It used to be a gang thing. I'm surprised the kid only had 15 firearms. If you saw the barrels off right at 18 inches, you could fit two down each leg, not to mention the arsenal of pistols you could carry under the waistband and in the pockets. If they were smart, they'd just take to wearing cargo pants and only carry one weapon. You know how many spare magazines you can carry in those things? Figure 2 per side pocket, and one in every other pocket, for a total of 8. Wear a baggy shirt over top, untucked, or course, and you can carry a belt with 8 more. Why do you think military uniforms are so baggy? Even though the AF only issues 2 30-round magazines per person, we can carry a hell of a lot more. ;)