For the Left, war without Bush is not war at all

Cerise

It is shameful how the left is so hypocritical.

Remember the anti-war movement? Not too long ago, the Democratic party's most loyal voters passionately opposed the war in Iraq. Democratic presidential candidates argued over who would withdraw American troops the quickest. Netroots activists regularly denounced President George W. Bush, and sometimes the U.S. military ("General Betray Us").

That was then. Now, even though the United States still has roughly 130,000 troops in Iraq, and is quickly escalating the war in Afghanistan -- 68,000 troops there by the end of this year, and possibly more in 2010 -- anti-war voices on the Left have fallen silent.

No group was more angrily opposed to the war in Iraq than the netroots activists clustered around the left-wing Web site DailyKos. It's an influential site, one of the biggest on the Web, and in the Bush years many of its devotees took an active role in raising money and campaigning for anti-war candidates.

The news that emerged is that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have virtually fallen off the liberal radar screen. Kossacks (as fans of DailyKos like to call themselves) who were consumed by the Iraq war when George W. Bush was president are now, with Barack Obama in the White House, not so consumed, either with Iraq or with Obama's escalation of the conflict in Afghanistan. In fact, they barely seem to care.

It's an extraordinary change in the mindset of the left. I attended the first YearlyKos convention, and have kept up with later ones, and it's safe to say that for many self-styled "progressives," the war in Iraq was the animating cause of their activism. They hated the war, and they hated George W. Bush for starting it. Or maybe they hated the war because George W. Bush started it. Either way, it was war, war, war.

Now, not so much.

Dems never were antiwar. They were anti-Booooosh!

I wish there was an option to block threads made by certain people without ignoring them, but ignoring the entire thread, if it was started by them. Some folks are amusing in their bizarre reactions to others, but the same folks ideas and madness is so boring anymore it hardly seems worth the time.

Cerise

How did you miss that Cerise?

You want them to protest us withdrawing now? That doesn't even make any sense.

My friend's little brother is coming home in a week or two with his unit. Awesome.

Catch up! :rolleyes:

Aren't we fighting at another front in the ME?

Where could it be, where could it be?

I realize it may be hard for you to figure out, but I was referencing Iraq here to compare and point out there's been nary a peep from the leftist nutbags since 0blahma took office. :shrug:

It was about hating Bush, not hating war.

spike

Catch up! :rolleyes:

Aren't we fighting at another front in the ME?

Where could it be, where could it be?

Are you brewing up a point sometime soon?

I realize it may be hard for you to figure out, but I was referencing Iraq here to compare and point out there's been nary a peep from the leftist nutbags since 0blahma took office. :shrug:

It was about hating Bush, not hating war.

I know it's tremendously difficult for you to comprehend this today for some reason but I was referencing Iraq here and here expalining to you why there aren't protests.

One more time for you...

US envoy says Iraq troop withdrawal “on schedule”

There ya go. There's a link right above this sentence. Left click it.

Cerise

Is Iraq the only country we are fighting in right now?

Where is the left's outrage at the other front we are fighting at?

It is gone with the Booooosh! administration.

spike

Most of left was not against going into Afghanistan if you remember correctly. You're not making much sense here.

The Iraq war a giant mistake based on falsehoods, non-existent WMDs, and fear mongering. Hence the protests.

I'm not sure what you can't understand about this.

Isn't it amazing how ridiculous Cerise is? She accuses the "left" which is actually anyone who disagrees with her of behaviours that are present in her far in excess of what they are in those she accuses and she seems to have no idea that shis is just as guity. It's actually high comedy if you look at it that way!

Notice she didn't ever complain about anything "Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh did! Never, not even once did she dissent. Makes you wonder, is she Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh, or does she just let him program her?

BTW I am talking about people in the third person lately, only when I see they are completely incapable of debate, or even looking past their own inflated opinion of themselves to ever admit they could be wrong, much less that they are not perfect.

So I am not talking to you Cerise, because it is completely over your head!

I think Cerise is just Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh's alias for OTC, or perhaps Trickier Dicky!

spike

Like I said:

Take away Boooooosh! and the left doesn't complain.

Start withdrawing from Iraq and they're much happier. Pretty simple Cerise.

You're still not making any sense Cerise. Yes, it was great to get rid of the guy that started the mess though.

Iraq was stupid. We're leaving there. This isn't really that complicated.

MrBishop

How does the left feel about the possibility of sending more troops to A-stan?

Great! That's where they should've been in the first place.

Actually...strike that. They should've bombed Saudi Arabia and invaded that.
That is, after all, where the money comes from..and the people and the moral support.

Mirlyn

Great! That's where they should've been in the first place.

Actually...strike that. They should've bombed Saudi Arabia and invaded that.
That is, after all, where the money comes from..and the people and the moral support.

Kinda hard to invade when you already occupy.