Forgetful

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Hehe. Maddox is funny. But yeah, page is outdated... you can do all those "no" things now

The iPad has a model with 3G data service so you can connect without having to be stuck on wifi. That one also has GPS. The wifi only one doesn't have GPS and you just connect to the nearest wifi network like an iPod touch

Nixy said:
I began to find it very easy and enjoyable to use
I concur. My learning curve wasn't as painful as yours (I never would have dreamed of tossing my Mac mini or my cousin's iMac out the window), but of all the OSes I've tried, I like Mac OS X best. I am way more efficient at multitasking on it than I ever was on Windows due to the built in goodies (my four corners set to open spaces and my mouse's thumb wheel set to open expose and dashboard, etc...). The included apps with Macs also seem to do a lot more and a lot easier than the ones bundled with Windows (or, well, USED to be til Microsoft got sued by Europe and had to detach them and ship them in a separate installer).

The only two things I find myself missing from Windows 7 are the more universal ability to operate programs via keyboard (windows+number to open that item from your taskbar, alt+key to open a menu item, etc) and the aero snap feature (where you "slam" a window to the side or the top to auto-size it, and can drag it back off to restore it to normal size, or can hold the windows key and press arrows to shift it around)

Likewise, there are quite a few handy keyboard tricks in Mac OS X that I often forget aren't there in Windows because I get so used to them... ctrl+shift+eject to shut off the screen, press alt 5 times to turn on mousekeys, alt+keys to insert symbols or modify the letter you're about to type, etc...

Wow, this thread has gotten off topic :lloyd:

/me sheds a tear

I've never been so proud in my life as I am to see this place still living up to its name :beerbang:

valkyrie

A friend of mine got rid of his iphone and got a Nokia N97 instead. I don't know what motivations he had, but I do know that he is happy with his current phone.
Friends and coworkers I know who have an iPhone complain all the time about not being able to make a simple call sometimes or others complaining that they couldn't get through to them when the phone was on. ATT is have a hard time keeping up with the high bandwidth use.