Fox News Beats all Others in Evening Programming

Cerise

captphoto12451722204871.jpg

From Drudge:

IN CABLE NEWS FOR 2ND QUARTER... ON PACE TO BE NETWORK'S BEST YEAR EVER...

THE O'REILLY FACTOR 3,191,000
HANNITY 2,345,000
GLENN BECK 2,053,000
ON THE RECORD W/GRETA 1,950,000
SPECIAL REPORT W/BRET BAIER 1,889,000
FOX REPORT/SHEP SMITH 1,783,000
THE O'REILLY FACTOR (RPT) 1,579,000
AMERICA'S NEWSROOM BILL HEMMER & MEGYN KELLY 1,399,000
YOUR WORLD W/NEIL CAVUTO 1,389,000
STUDIO B W/SHEP SMITH 1,169,000

0blahma turns books and tv news into ratings gold.

:rofl3:

Fox News ratings rise in Obama era; CNN slides

Again.......hope is making a comeback.

Altron

I stopped watching fox when nascar moved to TBS, and this season of 24 ended. January and Feburary, when 24 comes back on, and Fox has the Daytona 500, I'm there, dude!

Cerise

As the lamestream media gets more and more absurd, people turn to Fox (and Rush, don't forget Rush. And Levin. :brow:) as the only sources of truth.

After all, people need something to hold on to. We are bitter clingers with our guns and religion and such.

Frank Probity

Well, there you go. This takes the old crying towel away from right wing extremists who use the gig of calling ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, "main stream media" and awards FCN the title of "main stream media."

catocom

well, I guess since they stopped off the analogy broadcasting, they are
all 'cable' networks.

I like the weather reports on abc, when we're under a tornado watch.
Otherwise not so much.

glenn is my dog though.

catocom

depends on if he IS serious.
He does comedy too.

I do find some of his conspiracy theories interesting, and some scary, and some true.

I'm not in total agreement, but on the smaller gov. thing, oh I'm down with that.

jimpeel

Well, there you go. This takes the old crying towel away from right wing extremists who use the gig of calling ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, "main stream media" and awards FCN the title of "main stream media."

Ah, but in their case, they are the mainstream.

Not terribly surprising, considering the demographic.

USA Today said:
"Childhood intelligence is associated with how and how much people engage in the democratic processes, and with support for political ideologies that are based on ecological sustainability and social liberalism," conclude the Intelligence study authors. For example, voters were 32% more likely to vote for the UK's more left-wing Liberal party over the Conservative party for every 15 IQ points they scored above average as children. They were more likely to be tree-huggers too, voting more often for environment-oriented parties. "Although these data apply to one country's political system, there are broad similarities in political parties across Western democracies, and so these data might have wider relevance beyond the UK," say the authors.

Shows the need for educational reform, or perhaps we should have just let the south leave the union?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I've been around the hicks in the NW...the south has nothing on them.

jimpeel

Not terribly surprising, considering the demographic.

Shows the need for educational reform, or perhaps we should have just let the south leave the union?

Tsk, tsk. Selective posting again. Next time include the parts you don't like also.

"Little is known about the association between measured intelligence and how people participate in democratic processes," says a current Intelligence journal study led by Ian Deary of Scotland's University of Edinburgh, in a wee bit of an understatement. "There is debate about the importance of intelligence in relation to whether people vote in elections, and there is currently little information on how people with different levels of intelligence choose to vote in elections," according to the report.

Doyle, who was not part of the study isn't so sure, noting the United Kingdom has small political parties, the Greens and Liberal Democrats, as well as nationalist parties that play a larger role in political life than small U.S. parties. "My only concern is that when examining the association between intelligence and voting they only adjust for sex and social class. Normally, voting models control for a range of other individual characteristics that are known to predict vote choice such as trade union membership and, most importantly, education," adds Doyle, by email. "They really need to test this assumption to see if there relationship between intelligence and vote choice remains when they include education."

Her own work in the United Kingdom suggests that "that higher intelligence scores are associated with Conservative voting on average." But "those with very high level of intelligence are less likely to vote Conservative and more likely to vote Labour," Doyle adds.

Just as intelligent people are more easily susceptible to the effects of hypnotism, perhaps all this means is that the intelligent are more likely swayed by suggestion and innuendo than by hard facts.

Altron

I don't think IQ tests or scholastic performance are necessarily indicative of intelligence.

Politics is very different from mathematics and logical analysis, and while I would hesitate to say they're mutually exclusive, the most recent example of someone who is both an extremely intelligent scientist and an effective legislator was Benjamin Franklin.

Finding patterns, doing math, and all that junk on the IQ tests is very different than the subtleties of law and justice.

Winky

dang it gurl
I swear I'm not a dir-tah old man
I'm middle-aged and shower every day ;)