Garbage joy

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
We finally made it to the year 2000 here in our little city. Starting May 1st, along with regular recycling and yard waste, we now can recycle food/wet waste too. Our bins came yesterday.

With a free DVD!!!

All I need now is to wait for backyard composter giveaway day so I can go get one of those, and things should be right again with my little world.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
We STILL can't do that in Brampton and Toronto and Hamilton just started...who was doing it in 2000?

unclehobart

I filled up my composter with car batteries last year and it still hasn't turned into usable compost. This recycling thing is tricky.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
It's not going to the landfill, either. You know what they're doing?

Composting it into soil and then selling it back to us!!!!!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Dave said:
what is wet waste? you pee in a jug and leave it on the curb?

Let over spaghetti sauce that was in the freezer for 7 months and then you decided it needed to be chucked...par example...it was pretty solid when I dumped it into the green bin but I bet it was pretty liquidy when they picked it up

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Dave said:
what is wet waste? you pee in a jug and leave it on the curb?
like...paper towels, kleenex, coffee cups, popsicle sticks. That kinda stuff.

Dave

yuck

we dont have the food recycle here. yard waste pick up is scheduled a few times during the year. still just do the paper/plastic/cans here.

Inkara1

Trash in the black bin, paper/plastic/aluminum in the blue bin, greenwaste in the green bin here.

My parents have composted for decades. That's what fertilizes the garden.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
When we moved into the late great house, I tried to put the cardboard boxes into the appropriate bin at our trash drop-off center. The guy what sits out there and watches stuff told me to just put 'em in the regular dumpsters, the county doesn't separate it anyway. They just have to have a recycle bin to keep the grant.

I can't be in the only place that does this.

Professur

SouthernN'Proud said:
When we moved into the late great house, I tried to put the cardboard boxes into the appropriate bin at our trash drop-off center. The guy what sits out there and watches stuff told me to just put 'em in the regular dumpsters, the county doesn't separate it anyway. They just have to have a recycle bin to keep the grant.

I can't be in the only place that does this.
See above.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Leslie said:
Starting May 1st, along with regular recycling and yard waste, we now can recycle food/wet waste too.

The homless & their respective shelters thank you.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
tonksy said:
Food recycle? Don't you people have pets? or children?

Do you feed your pets or children lettuce that has gone bad? Stuff that's been forgotten in the freezer for 8 months? The cookies you left in the oven by accident and came out as black blobs as hard as a rock?