Gas brand loyalties?

Inkara1

Who all here sticks to a particular brand of gasoline? For my parents, it's always Chevron. Part of why is because Grandpapa worked for Ortho for many years, Ortho being Chevron's chemical division. It's also a top-tier gasoline. I've found, though, that 76 does better in my car, so I've been trying to stick to that.

How about you guys?

unclehobart

Not a chance. I buy the gas that is a resonable combination of cheap and convenient with a high enough turnover to make sure that it isn't sweated. It's usually a toss up twixt a local BP and a Quicktrip up the road.

A.B.Normal

Usually stick to PetroCan ,Chevron on occasion ,but I avoid SHELL like the plague it is. I like PC because it has "Pay at the Pump " and it saves me having to stand in line,because it always busy.I also like PatP because one time I filled up at 2a.m.and then my bank card wouldn't work ,joy joy joy,so now I like to pay first..

Inkara1

The '81 Honda I had liked Shell, but the Neon doesn't. What happened after your card wouldn't work after you'd already filled up?

A.B.Normal

I left my DL and went and found a bank machine,luckily I always get my gas there and they knew I wasn't gonna rip them off .If it had happened when someone new was working or the clerk was having a bad day it may have gotten interesting. :eyepop:

Inkara1

Most places out here have "pay at the pump" and require cash customers to pay first. That would be less of a problem out here, since the card machine at the pump does an authorization for $1 before letting you pump, so if your card works at all you can pump your gas.

Winky

not Petrol but I've ALWAYS used NOTHING but Penzoil

Now I know durned well it all comes outta the same hole in the ground, call me silly (or any other profanity you'd please) but when I tore down the engine in the gray Ghost (87 2.3L Mustang) and the crosshatch marks were still visible on the cylinder walls at 225K miles, you tell me...
(I'm at 320,000 miles on that engine now)
One thing I was tolded as a mere whippersnapper.
Always continue to use the same type and brand
of oil in yer engine, pick one and stick with it.

I like my oil like I like my wimens
slippery and HOT!

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I always ask for Pemex gasoline, MX$6.25 per litre...........woohooo that's the best deal you can get.

:rolleyes:

Kruz

Winky said:
not Petrol but I've ALWAYS used NOTHING but Penzoil

Now I know durned well it all comes outta the same hole in the ground, call me silly (or any other profanity you'd please) but when I tore down the engine in the gray Ghost (87 2.3L Mustang) and the crosshatch marks were still visible on the cylinder walls at 225K miles, you tell me...
(I'm at 320,000 miles on that engine now)
One thing I was tolded as a mere whippersnapper.
Always continue to use the same type and brand
of oil in yer engine, pick one and stick with it.

I like my oil like I like my wimens
slippery and HOT!

It's not so much what brand you use, if you change your oil every 3000 miles it will last a long time.. that goes for ALL the fluids in your car.
we get some 4.0L jeeps in with 300k + miles on them.. run great and still pass emissions no problem. and then we get late model ones in needing a new engine at 40k miles.. with the FACTORY oil filter still on it.. :lol2:

unclehobart

Winky said:
What's that in American? It's $1.95 a gallon here.
That comes out to 2.13/gal. I thought it would be higher except that the exchange rate is 11:1 right now. I remember back when it was 7:1 a few years ago.

Dave

no brand loyalty here. i stop at whatever station is on the same side of the road i'm on. there are a few i pass by because their prices are high.

Luis G

Staff member
Winky said:
What's that in American? It's $1.95 a gallon here.

Unc is correct. And I was being sarcastic 'cause shitty pemex gasoline is the only gasoline you can buy and it costs the same everywhere. EXTREMELY expensive for a 3rd world country with oil reserves.

catocom

unclehobart said:
Not a chance. I buy the gas that is a reasonable combination of cheap and convenient with a high enough turnover to make sure that it isn't sweated. It's usually a toss up twixt a local BP and a Quicktrip up the road.
Here I use QT quite a bit, and it's pretty good.
I won't touch BP, around here.
I think it varies more form store to store, than brand.
There's just certain places I've learned not to shop at.
Chevron, citgo, and the QT stuff, and occasionally Race Track gasses
seem to be the best in this area, even over Amoco.

Camelyn

I like Ultramar. i won't drive my car to empty fo find one, but I'll pick it out of a selection of four-corner gas stations. They are first to lower prices and last to put them up. Plus they have that nifty no-contact car wash at some stations :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Personally-When I need gas, the cheapest & the closest.

In the big truck...Pilot. I earn points (equal to $.01/gallon) to be used anywhere in the store.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
unclehobart said:
That comes out to 2.13/gal. I thought it would be higher except that the exchange rate is 11:1 right now. I remember back when it was 7:1 a few years ago.

remeber 5000:1

Luis G

Staff member
Gonz said:
remeber 5000:1

If I recall correctly, the lowest was 3200:1, but then again, we got payed millions of pesos then, and being a millionare was an everyday experience :D :D