Generosity abounds...

chcr

Too cute for words
Nixy, I just know I have an old Indio PCI SCSI controller around here somewhere. I've been doing computer repair on the side the last week or so, and everything is a mess. I'll look some more tomorrow, everything I had hanging is fixed. You understand that setting up SCSI drives is a little more involved than IDE, right?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
OK, I am already lost so I am assuming that this drive will be over my head. Thanks anyway. Don't wanan get it and hav eno clue what to do with it :)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
does anyone has a spare PCI-IDE controller card?

*is unable to buy one of those here :(

tommyj27

Not really Banned
so is the scsi drive taken or what? i'm confused.

Unfortunately i don't really have much laying around anymore, i cleaned out my closet for a garage sale to benefit my brother's X-country ski team. I do have a couple pentiums laying around and some memory if my memory serves me (no pun intended). Like Hex said, free to a good home.

3x Pentium (90, 100, 133Mhz)
1x PC-66 (maybe 100) 32M

HeXp£Øi±

The SCSI drive is free. Do you want it tommy? PM me with an address if so.

Luis, i have an i have an older Cirrus logic PCI IDE/Video card. I don't know the model but it probably dates back to 94'(yikes) and i doubt it supports anything beyond IDE 33(don't know). The video portion of the card(which can be disabled) supports either 1 or 2 megs of memory but has only half that installed. Not much but you can have it if you want. It's pretty ancient.

chcr

Too cute for words
Luis, i have an i have an older Cirrus logic PCI IDE/Video card. I don't know the model but it probably dates back to 94'(yikes) and i doubt it supports anything beyond IDE 33(don't know).
I run my second and third cdr off an old promise controller. ATA-33 is fine for that.

Luis G

Staff member
HeXp£Øi± said:
Luis, i have an i have an older Cirrus logic PCI IDE/Video card. I don't know the model but it probably dates back to 94'(yikes) and i doubt it supports anything beyond IDE 33(don't know). The video portion of the card(which can be disabled) supports either 1 or 2 megs of memory but has only half that installed. Not much but you can have it if you want. It's pretty ancient.

Can it co-exist with the 2 IDE channels of the mobo?

Right now i have 4 ide devices, and i want to buy another harddisk, that's why i need the card. If it is that ancient (1994) i doubt it supports udma33, but I could hook up the burner or the dvd drive to it and leave the new hdd on the onboard.

Luis G

Staff member
ACK, i just remembered something about the custom, i don't know if it still applies but last year it was forbidden to send used computer parts to Mexico :grumpy:, i'll check that out and let you know.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Luis G said:
ACK, i just remembered something about the custom, i don't know if it still applies but last year it was forbidden to send used computer parts to Mexico :grumpy:, i'll check that out and let you know.
What if we hid it in some drugs? :lloyd:

Luis G

Staff member
:rofl4:

Pretty funny, but I'm sure you you know that we don't import it, we export it :p

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Luis G said:
:rofl4:

Pretty funny, but I'm sure you you know that we don't import it, we export it :p
Well of course I know that, but that's why I said it, they'd NEVER look there. :wink2: