George Carlin wittisms.

freako104

my mom sent this to me

>
>Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.
>
>One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
>
>Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
>
>If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and
>apes?
>
>The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad
>girls live.
>
>I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help
>section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
>
>What if there were no hypothetical questions?
>
>If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there was
>no
>woman around to hear him...is he still wrong?
>
>If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it
>considered a hostage situation?
>
>Is there another word for synonym?
>
>Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice"?
>
>Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all?"
>
>What do you do when you see an endangered animal eating an endangered
>plant?
>
>If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?
>
>Would a fly without wings be called a walk?
>
>Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid someone will
>clean
>them?
>
>If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
>
>Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
>
>Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?
>
>If the police arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to
>remain
>silent?
>
>Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?
>
>Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?
>
>What was the best thing before sliced bread?
>
>One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.
>
>Does the Little Mermaid wear an algebra?
>
>Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?
>
>How is it possible to have a civil war?
>
>If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest drown, too?
>
>If you ate pasta and antipasti, would you still be hungry?
>
>If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
>
>Whose cruel idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have a "S" in it?
>
>Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?
>
>Where are we going? And what's with this hand basket?
>
>If the "black box" flight recorder is never damaged during a
>planecrash,
>why isn't the whole airplane made out of that stuff?
>
>WHY DO THEY PUT AN EXPIRATION DATE ON SOUR CREAM?

Sharky

"If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?"

"Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck."

"When cheese gets it's picture taken, what does it say?"

"If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?"

"Why is the man (or woman) who invests all your money called a broker?"

"Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?"

freako104

steweygrrrr said:
Dont know who he is but he is DAMNED funny :rofl4:

hes a comedian. hes actually my fave. inky im not sure he said them first or not. my mom sent it to me

Inkara1

Anyone unfamiliar with Carlin should immediately hit up Kazaa and download "7 words you can't say on television," "farting in public" or "airline announcements."

Rose

Inkara1 said:
Anyone unfamiliar with Carlin should immediately hit up Kazaa and download "7 words you can't say on television," "farting in public" or "airline announcements."

The "7 words" is hilarious!! :D I believe it also has the "pets are small tragedies" bit on it. if not, that one is a must, too. :D

freako104

brain droppings is a good book by him as well. i like his take on making certain states into prisons :D and also tortures for criminals :D

deep fried serial killers :D

Inkara1

I was just at Carlin's website. He denies having ever written any of the stuff in that e-mail.

MrBishop

Carlin on religion

"Religion convinced the world that there's an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do. And there's 10 things he doesn't want you to do or else you'll to to a burning place with a lake of fire until the end of eternity. But he loves you! ...And he needs money! He's all powerful, but he can't handle money!"

-- George Carlin
"I credit that eight years of grammar school with nourishing me in a direction where I could trust myself and trust my instincts. They gave me the tools to reject my faith. They taught me to question and think for myself and to believe in my instincts to such an extent that I just said, This is a wonderful fairy tale they have going here, but it's not for me."

-- George Carlin, New York Times, 20 Aug 1995, pg. 17.
"If churches want to play the game of politics, let them pay admission like everyone else."

-- George Carlin
"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen."

-- George Carlin, on "Saturday Night Live"
"I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death."

-- George Carlin
"The only good thing ever to come out of religion was the music."

-- George Carlin, "Brain Droppings"
"I've begun worshipping the sun for a number of reasons. First of all, unlike some other gods I could mention, I can see the sun. It's there for me every day. And the things it brings me are quite apparent all the time: heat, light, food, a lovely day. There's no mystery, no one asks for money, I don't have to dress up, and there's no boring pageantry. And interestingly enough, I have found that the prayers I offer to the sun and the prayers I formerly offered to 'God' are all answered at about the same 50-percent rate."

-- George Carlin
"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood".

-- George Carlin

tonksy

i saw carlin live in new orleans in '99. he was great. he is much more angry and bitter than he was in the 70's and 80's.

chcr

Too cute for words
tonksy said:
i saw carlin live in new orleans in '99. he was great. he is much more angry and bitter than he was in the 70's and 80's.
Hmm... what you interpret as bitterness, I have always interpreted as impatience with the general stupididty of humanity. I feel much the same way. ;)
This is a wonderful fairy tale they have going here, but it's not for me.

tonksy

chcr said:
Hmm... what you interpret as bitterness, I have always interpreted as impatience with the general stupididty of humanity. I feel much the same way. ;)
nono...i meant about god and such. his wife lost a battle with cancer and he has been bitter (who could blame him?) ever since. i understand his impatience, too.

Mare

MrBishop said:
Carlin on religion

"Religion convinced the world that there's an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do. And there's 10 things he doesn't want you to do or else you'll to to a burning place with a lake of fire until the end of eternity. But he loves you! ...And he needs money! He's all powerful, but he can't handle money!"

-- George Carlin
"I credit that eight years of grammar school with nourishing me in a direction where I could trust myself and trust my instincts. They gave me the tools to reject my faith. They taught me to question and think for myself and to believe in my instincts to such an extent that I just said, This is a wonderful fairy tale they have going here, but it's not for me."

-- George Carlin, New York Times, 20 Aug 1995, pg. 17.
"If churches want to play the game of politics, let them pay admission like everyone else."

-- George Carlin
"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen."

-- George Carlin, on "Saturday Night Live"
"I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death."

-- George Carlin
"The only good thing ever to come out of religion was the music."

-- George Carlin, "Brain Droppings"
"I've begun worshipping the sun for a number of reasons. First of all, unlike some other gods I could mention, I can see the sun. It's there for me every day. And the things it brings me are quite apparent all the time: heat, light, food, a lovely day. There's no mystery, no one asks for money, I don't have to dress up, and there's no boring pageantry. And interestingly enough, I have found that the prayers I offer to the sun and the prayers I formerly offered to 'God' are all answered at about the same 50-percent rate."

-- George Carlin
"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood".

-- George Carlin

:worship: to Carlin......