get in! mexico 1-o italy

ris

come on mexico!!

bogetti gives them surprise lead and could potentially put italy out! :cool:

ris

you can support england because they're not rubbish, well, not until denmark beat them anyway ;)

Professur

A local radio station here was broadcasting live from an italian restaurant this morning, during the game. Nothing irritates me more than hearing people screaming in italian about how great Italy is and how great their team is, when most of them have no clue, and don't even follow soccer except for the Cup games.

a13antichrist

Originally posted by Professur
A local radio station here was broadcasting live from an italian restaurant this morning, during the game. Nothing irritates me more than hearing people screaming in italian about how great Italy is and how great their team is, when most of them have no clue, and don't even follow soccer except for the Cup games.

Which is precisely why I don't like the Brazilians - because every J Bloggs who doesn't know del Piero from Morientes automatically thinks that Brazil is sooooooo awesome. At least those supporting Italy in that restaurant were probably doing so because they like the country itself, even if they know nothing about soccer.

Incidentally the same criticism goes for ManU.