Get ready for the redistribution of your retirement account

Discussion in 'The Real World' started by Gotholic, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Winky

Winky Well-Known Member

and that income tax increase really wasn't that large
    and that increase in FICA wasn't really all that much and
    dunno if Medicare\medicaid went up but new the Obamacare
    tax (your share of paying other folks bills is still quite manageable and...

2. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

yeah i love paying the extra FICA. but i guess somebody does have to pay it huh?

3. Winky

Winky Well-Known Member

oh yes yes indeed they do
    a failure to do so would instantly reveal the nature of this ponzi scheme
    and you know what happens then Right?

4. Gotholic

Gotholic Well-Known Member

Ha! I will say this won't affect me. I do not have nor do I plan to get any such retirement accounts.

5. Winky

Winky Well-Known Member

I am above the fray
    in every way [​IMG]

6. Gotholic

7. jimpeel

jimpeel Well-Known Member

They have been talking about GRAs (Guaranteed Retirement Account) which would convert all of those trillions of dollars in IRA's and 401k's into fodder for the government. Theft on the highest level in history.

8. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

i don't like it.

however it's not theft if people sign up for it.

you make it sound like there will be compulsory conversion of ALL forms of retirement accounts into the gov bucket. that's not the case.

oh, right, "not yet."

[​IMG]

9. Gotholic

Yes, not yet. If history has taught you anything, this will become mandatory. In order to help people accept it they must first make it voluntary. Just like when people were afraid the social security number would be used to identify you. They first said it wouldn't be and even had red lettering on the old cards stating so. Also, they even made social security voluntary but now have made it appear compulsory even though it is still not.

Your Rights Regarding Social Security Numbers.

10. jimpeel

"however it's not theft if people sign up for it.

you make it sound like there will be compulsory conversion of ALL forms of retirement accounts into the gov bucket. that's not the case."

I wrote of this in POST #13.

You must have forgotten it even though you responded to it.

I even included a link to Harvard University Economic Policy Institute white paper which stated:

Does this sound like something you have heard recently -- perhaps as recently as the State of the Union speech? I think he called them MyRAs though.

The federal government has its eye on your retirement account and all of the rest which contain several trillion dollars. They want that money.

Start reading the white paper at the bottom of page 2 under "How Guaranteed Retirement Accounts work."

Note the words "mandatory"; " the government ... will invest and manage the pooled savings"; "Contributions equal to 5% of earnings"; "additional contributions with post-tax dollars"; "Employee contributions are offset through a $600 refundable tax credit".

The crap goes on and on.

Enjoy your future.

11. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

LOL jim, yeah some labor-centric folk at harvard have a plan.

that makes this all real.

academics have never leaned toward such poppycock before.

i will enjoy my future. because i won't spend it desperately sniveling about how everybody else's shit is ruining my life.

12. catocom

catocom Well-Known Member

Jim, and Goth....
    you ain't seen nothin' yet.
    This pres has 2 more years minimum atm, to do whatever he wants.
    He's untouchable.
    He's above the law.
    Even the lesser people under him are above the law.
    Nobody, I mean absolutely Nobody, with be prosecuted for Anything,
    unless the pres. 'wills' it.
    (speaking strictly of people in his admin.)

13. Winky

Winky Well-Known Member

14. Winky

Winky Well-Known Member

from time to time the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots

15. jimpeel

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

There. Fixed that fer ya.