Going to need to start trimming down on some options

fury

Administrator
Staff member
In order for me to start working on putting in the "dots" on thread listing pages, I'm going to have to start cutting back on some features there. For instance, the icon showing that a thread contains attachments will be gone. I don't think it will be missed that much, but even if it is, it has to go anyway, it's creating a lot more database queries than is needed (see down at the bottom of the page, where it shows how long the page took to generate, with # of queries executed? .5-1.0 seconds is too long and 47 queries is too much)

Just warning you in advance, the attachments will still be there, you just won't be able to see the icons in the thread listing page. :headbang:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
As long as there are dots I don't even care if I can see the NAME of the thread! :hump:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
The hump smilie? NO IT'S NOT! I ALWAYS USE IT WHEN REPLYING TO FURY! GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!!!

AND NO MY CAPS IS NOT STUCK ON! I AM YELLING!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
WELL LA DEE DA!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I am sorry, I am feeling ill and can not sleep so I need to occupy my time some how...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
UGH! Now on top of my stomach slowly eatting itself I also have the hiccups!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
No believe me. If this gets any worse I am gonna be bawling my eyes out.

freako104

try nyquil. thatll knock you out. or vodka and whiskey. youll puke then sleep like a baby. or like a drunk person passed out.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I think it was alcohol that flared this up int he beginning....

Doc says it might be an ulcer....getting bloodwork done tomorrrow....

ris

peppermint is good for an iffy stomach. my sis has cholic and takes peppermint to help ease it.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Only the window may be aligned in the center...a little bit more convenient...and then the smilies on the left :)

But then again, he's still working on it, so I'll wait and see...I'll shut up now :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Post whores of the world, unite! :headbang:

You can paste someone's username right where your cursor is by clicking on their name by their post. Shadowfax, Luis G, you're both a bunch of geeks :D
Only the window may be aligned in the center...a little bit more convenient...and then the smilies on the left

But then again, he's still working on it, so I'll wait and see...I'll shut up now
You can quote selected text by highlighting stuff and then clicking "Quote selected" below the smilies.

And as always, Alt+P previews the message (and takes you to the advanced reply page) and Alt+S submits the message.