Google Earth

mx-6*

Google Earth Pro is a free trial for a week. Not sure if it was before but the detail in Pro is better. To buy it is a 400 dollar a year subscription though.

Detail is very very good in some parts of the country now also. The USS Intrepid museum in NY, the nuke tests in Nevada, and several other locations that I have looked at are much higher res than in the past. I wish they would update the rest of the world faster though.

mx-6*

Of course its free but you dont get the same resolution with the free version. Thats why I brought this back to mention that you can get Earth pro free for a week to check it out.

alex

Google Earth is way cool. It shows a lot of the historical school sites. Anyone turn on the 3D building feature yet?

Unfortunatley I think I have a video card problem. Google Earth, Quake 4 and even just browsing sometimes reboots my puter. Video goes out first then the monitor turns itself off and then it reboots.

Professur

unclehobart said:
It would be better if they had something that would point out where the probes have been landing.

They do. Click on the "Spacecraft" button at the top of the page.

unclehobart

Professur said:
They do. Click on the "Spacecraft" button at the top of the page.
Cool. I didn't even see that stuff. My brain automatically tunes it out as advert crap. It was block barred away from the map area entirely on my setup.. exactly in the way a header ad runs. It shouldn't have been left in google blue.

bastards.