Got a little problem...

HomeLAN

Built a new system for a guy this weekend, and his old one was hosed to the point that I couldn't get Outlook 2000 to export his stuff. I've copied the old HD into folders, but I can't figure out where OL2000 was storing thsi info (under Win98) and where to put it in the new system (running XP Home) so that OL2000 finds it and works with it.

Any suggestions?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I'm not an Outlook user, but i think the data could be found in \windows\application data or under \windows\profiles\application data

not sure about XP either, but the locations should be the same.

greenfreak

If you don't get it by tomorrow, I'll check the default folder for Outlook on my Win98 pc tomorrow.

I thought it was something like C:\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. What does he need, his personal address book and emails?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Outlook XP stores by default in \Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst

So, search for outlook.pst maybe?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
try this http://forum.xibase.com/showthread.php?s=&amp;threadid=2236&amp;highlight=express+assist

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Try searching for '*.pst'. No telling what name he had it under, but the pst is the identifier for the file extension.

HomeLAN

Thanks, all, esepecially fury for the path. I knew where the outlook.pst file was, but the path used in Win98 ain't the same as in XP. Used fury's path, and Bingo!

Goz, that link will work for Outllok Express, not too sure about full Outlook.