goth... OOH

BlurOfSerenity

my personal favorite style of goth is the one involving flowy skirts and whatnot... the kind of, romantic-goth- look.
i myself detest the i'm-this-metaly-sort-of-peep look.
i went thru that look (more like a phase) when i was ages 12-15.
i do agree that goth is being able to find beauty where others would consider it absent, but the fashion equation is all effed up.

i'll ramble more on this point later!

tonksy

Rose said:
Hell. I'm just lucky if my clothes match everyday. :retard:
wait...you're suppose to match everyday? :eek:

incidently rosie, your neil diamond song just came on...:D how odd while quoting you.

Rose

:D Which one?

I dun't know about every day, though. I just hope to match on the days I have to show up for work. They are kind enough NOT to let me know when I look like a bloomin' idiot, though, as I have several times over the past .. nevermind.

Camelyn

There is one odd little trend that I am noticing these days. When I pulled the whole rebellion act in my teens and had a platinum blond mohawk, I remember adults making comments about being irresponsible, and how kids these days were out of control, on drugs, etc. Kids were saying that adults just didn't get it, didn't get *them*. Adults were just weird.
Fast forward 20 (or 30 or 40) or so years to today, and adults make comments like "you think *your* a rebel, why when I was your age <insert outrageous rebellious horror/drug story here>”. Seems to me that the adults today feel that the kids today are just walking the walk, but can't even begin to talk the talk and can't begin to understand what being a true miscreant means.
The kids, as ever, probably still just think adults are weird. :D

What up wit that?

ralphie

meh...

on the whole "clothing" issue

I wear what I do because it allows me to express myself, depending on how I wear it, to some extent, and I love it...

especially the boots.

they kick bum.

and, ash, I love the romantic goth look as well.

ralphie

Pandora said:
when did being punk become so... safe...

You can thank your friends at your local high-priced clothing store for that.

I'm sorry, but I started realizing something was wrong with this when I saw the abnormally large:

YOU CAN BE A PUNK PRINCESS FOR ONLY $9.95! plus tax

sign at clares...

When did they start putting a price on the way you act?

And I'm sorry, but the words punk and princess should never be in the same sentence unless a negative is involved. The two words should never be run together.

BlurOfSerenity

yeah, to all too many people, goth is all about the fashion.
but fashion does indeed play an important role in gothness and in any other label/subculture/whatever-you-want-to-call-it.

and i love boots, too :) i bought some at hot topic the other week, (i know, i know, gag gag vomit lol), they're so hott.
i most certainly sport these:
383655_lg.jpg

got a pic of yours?

freako104

When did they start putting a price on the way you act?

when it became business. the whole style is now a business. used to be you could get certian types of clothes in only certain shops now all shops carry them since people buy it to fit the "attitude"

I always half expected the whole "goth" thing to become popular.

ralphie

ash r said:
got a pic of yours?

[hot topic smells like demented plastic, but that's the only place around here, so I shop there anyways. sometimes... I prefer fuckthemainstream.com]

372910_zm.jpg

I think those are mine... I can't tell... they look like that anyways....

They might be these:

363771_zm.jpg

I can't decide...

but you get the point, right?

freako104

try lip-service and ipso-facto. there are better companies. Hot Topic used to be a lot better. but they arent as good and the quality is sub-par but they do sell some cool things

FluerVanderloo

ash r said:
my personal favorite style of goth is the one involving flowy skirts and whatnot... the kind of, romantic-goth look

*bows to ash* Thank you thank you! I didn't know anyone else liked the romantic goth look! Now I'm going to go into my Anne Rice views on being goth.

If you've seen Queen of the Damned, you've seen metal goth, as I call it. I find nothing wrong with this. Though I don't wear all black all the time, and I wear no makeup, and almost everything else a sterotypical goth would do, I love a guy all done up in it. I guess you could say I have the modern goth mentality, just not the look. Of course, everyone's idea of goth beliefs are different.

Anyway, QotD was metal goth, as I said. Again, there's nothing wrong with that. But if you watch Interview With the Vampire, that's my kind of goth. The coven of the Theatres des Vampires. Period clothing, all in black, refined, dark, shiny hair, pale skin. I would like to look like that.

So basically, I would like to look like an Interview With the Vampire goth and have a Queen of the Damned goth boyfriend. Yeah. This made no sense, but that's what flashed through my head when I read this.

Thulsa Doom

hell if a teenage girl all dolled up in fishnet came up to me randomly Id figure it was my lucky day. :D Whats to be scared of?