Gran Prix Weekend

AlladinSane

chcr said:
Hmm... What do you think about Fangio?
Some say he was the best because he won 5 times when cars hadn't any computer assistance. However, most of the time he competed with the best car available. Sometimes he switched between car constructors in the middle of a competition to keep in top. I didn't live in those times, though I wouldn't like to make a judgement.
One thing must be attributed to Schumacher; he went to Ferrari when they were on the Bottom, and his deeds raised the morale enough for the team to get big again. He risked high...

chcr

Too cute for words
AlladinSane said:
Some say he was the best because he won 5 times when cars hadn't any computer assistance. However, most of the time he competed with the best car available. Sometimes he switched between car constructors in the middle of a competition to keep in top. I didn't live in those times, though I wouldn't like to make a judgement.
One thing must be attributed to Schumacher; he went to Ferrari when they were on the Bottom, and his deeds raised the morale enough for the team to get big again. He risked high...
See, while I agree that F1 is kind of boring right now, I think we are priveledged to be watching the most incredible domination in the history of sports (so far, anyway). The Ferrari is certainly far and away the best car currently on the circuit, but if it were only the car (I understand that this is not your contention, but I've heard it made) then why doesn't Barrichello finish second all the time. It's incredible. BTW, wouldn't you hate to be Ralf? :D

chcr

Too cute for words
He is lucky, no question. You have to wonder how much is luck though, and how much is fanatical preparation though. :)