Greatest goals ever

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Browsing through the FIFA's website, i got to Mexico '86, the most "beautiful" goal ever was made by Maradonna against England.

The other famous or "infamous" ;) goal is "La mano de Dios" (the hand of God), which was once again, against England.

Two of the most famous goals ever, on the same game.

Argentina - England 2:1 (0:0)
Match Date: 22-JUN-86
Venue: Mexico City
Stadium: Azteca
Spectators: 114580

Goals Scored
MARADONA Diego (ARG) 51', MARADONA Diego (ARG) 54', LINEKER Gary (ENG) 80'.

Any other great goals ??

ris

i see the build-up to argentina v england has begun ;)

maradona's run and shot [the first goal of that game] was awesome, i remember it as a little kid.

there was a goal in the usa94 world cup by a saudi arabian player that was amazing, he ran almost the entire length of the field to score, beating 9 players

and of course, michael owen's goal for england against argentina in the last world cup, fantastic!

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
The clock is ticking....07-June-2002

Gotta search that goal you said, i have the video of Maradonna's goal (the slalom i think they called it). I will send it to you if you want it :)

ris

hmm, i can't believe that owens isn't on there, it is a damn fine goal, but then in the uk it gets trotted out evert time along with geoff hursts hat-trick in '66 :rolleyes: :D

there is a goal by a brazillian but i can never remember his name or when or who it was against. all i can tell you is that he is on the right side of the goal, hits a curling ball across the face of goal that then curls again toward the goal very late on and into the far post.

awasome, you don't see a ball curve twice these days. i think his name was nolinho or something.