Guess where I am?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Yup. Back at Vandy again.

Saturday night late I started having pain very similar to the pancreatitis, but in a different location slightly. I fought it for about 7 hours, but ended up in the ER. From there transported by ambulance to Vandy for another emergency surgery. Seems this time a section of my small intestine found its way into a herniated opening inside my colon or somesuch...I never did fully understand all the wheres and hows, only that it isn't the pancreas and that it was more or less random in nature...coulda been from any procedure at any time.

So here sits I, bored to death and not allowed anything by mouth again. Happy holidays, huh?

ResearchMonkey

daumn, hope they get a handle on it.

Im sick too, but nothing like that,I'm fairly sure mine will pass.

I've heard theres nothing as swell as a colon-cleansing to clears ones mind. :kiss:

...prayers for you SnP.

catocom

oh man....
I tell ya, when I'm feeling low about my situation sometimes, I often
think of you man, and what you've already been through, and now again?
(and I know how lucky I am)

Hang in there man, as I know you will.

I'll put another word in for ya, from my end dude.

chcr

Too cute for words
Crapioca man. Nice Thanksgiving present. I won't say a prayer for you but I will hope you get better fast.

Professur

SnP ... has it ever occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, your entire purpose in life, on this earth ... is nothing more than to serve as an example to others?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Hernias are *easy* to repair. Painful but not complicated. You'll do fine :)

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Hernias are easy. Herniated bowels...not so much.

They think this one started from an umbillical hernia I had repaired about 5 years ago. I'll spare the gory details, just trust me...I don't like thinking about much of them.

catocom

I just hope they are keeping a close eye out for that staph going around.

I've had 2 family members die from it already, and my cousin (39) just
had knee surgery to cut out an infection of it. He's recovering so far.

markjs

Banned
I'm saying prayers for you and your whole family SnP. Nobody should have to spend the holidays this way. Here's wishing you and the whole family a better Christmas.

TexasRaceLady

SN'P, I'll keep you in my thoughts as you recover from this obstacle.

It's a real bitch that you'll miss Thanksgiving, but maybe you can make it up at Christmas.

You do have something to be thankful for, though --- the problem was caught and repaired before it really worsened.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Got back home late last night, just after midnight. Sore as hell today but not as bad as I was gearing up for. Out of work at least another week though. THAT puts a bite into the Christmas budget, but we'll manage.

Lots of pain and plenty of hassle factor. But this episode gave me, and my wife and I, a lot of time together with nothing to distract us (well, except nurses and tests and such) where we could do some decent conversing and planning and stuff without the daily distractions of phones and work schedules and all that. Gave us a chance to really look at big picture kinda stuff medically and other areas. That did us a lot of good too, so maybe this wasn't the ideal way to accomplish it but some good may come of it in the end as well.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
When you go back for your follow-up, tell Dr. Mizoue I said "Hi". She may not remember me, but we both lived in Dascomb Hall...