Hairstyle

kuulani

I was watching the sitcom "King of Queens" last night, and the husband was upset because his wife wore her hair in a bun.

What's wrong with a bun? Is it not liked by the general population? Majority of females in Hawaii wear our hair in buns. I didn't think it was a big deal :shrug:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I like it when I have time to put my hair in a bun, especially in the summer time.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I have a bun most of the time I'm at home. So easy. Husband thinks I look like a schoolteacher though... :D

greenfreak

I can't get my hair to stay in a bun, how do you do it? I would love to, especially in the summer. I wind up twisting it and then putting it in a bun, wrapping a scrunchie around it and then wrapping another scrunchie around that, but that doesn't seem to work either. I have very thick hair.

MuFu

Well done. :D

Speakin' of cracks... You done talkin' out of yours now, mate? ;)

MuFu.

unclehobart

Buns are probably common in hawaii because its keeps it up off of the neck thereby letting heat escape rather than build up.

ris

i like women with their hair up so i'm all for hair in buns myself, perhaps i need to join rl in his visit to hawaii :)

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Damn, OLI. You took my line. :D I'm going to have to get my broadband at home again...

Jon

Originally posted by ris
i like women with their hair up so i'm all for hair in buns myself, perhaps i need to join rl in his visit to hawaii :)

You reckon you can get to Manchester in the next... er... couple of hours? ;)

kuulani

Originally posted by greenfreak
I can't get my hair to stay in a bun, how do you do it? I would love to, especially in the summer. I wind up twisting it and then putting it in a bun, wrapping a scrunchie around it and then wrapping another scrunchie around that, but that doesn't seem to work either. I have very thick hair.

Hmmm ... *thinking of hints I can give you* ... wind, twist, knot, scrunchie. That usually works for me. I have thick hair too. :D

kuulani

Btw boys, give us a call when you come to Hawaii ... we'll make sure there's plenty buns around ;)

ris

i finish my masters on the 14th, see you the day after ;) and don't forget to bring your buns :D

greenfreak

Ah, I haven't done the knot, maybe that's what I'm doing wrong.

Won't matter on Saturday--I'm getting it chopped off. I'm tired of it.